BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

printable game bits!

[url]http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/My-Space-Crusade-Expansion-Packs-td7578570i20.html#a7582033[/url]
    [url]http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/My-Printable-Advanced-Space-Crusade-Pieces-td7578590.html[/url]
    [url]http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/Tyranid-Attack-Rules-PDFs-and-a-link-to-Advanced-Space-Crusade-Rules-PDF-td7036296.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.orderofgamers.com/downloads/AdvSpaceCrusade_v1.pdf[/url]

Cool thanks for posting that info!

Part of what I have done also is bought a cheap $20 3M laminator and a few packs of generic brand lam sheets to make handy flip books for both my ASC and SH games.

For ASC, I started with nice color prints into medium weight stock 8 1/2" x 11" of the Universal Head game aid for ASC [URL="https://www.scribd.com/document/350744862/Advanced-Space-Crusade-Updated-Reference-and-Rules"]https://www.scribd.com/document/350744862/Advanced-Space-Crusade-Updated-Reference-and-Rules[/URL]

Then I scanned and printed in b&w some select pages from the game manual, such as weapons descriptions and relevant parts for each player (one book for Marines, one for 'nids). Then I added in my own color unit pages for the units I had that, and adapted rules from the early 'nid codexes pretty much straight. Lastly I added in some of the old b&w catalog ads for the models I use.

Every page laminated and put together with a simple 2 ring loose binder.

Here are the unit and catalog pages:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squigs.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	19745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c92399tyrwarriors-01.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	19746

Name:	Gargoyle.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	19747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Biovore.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	19748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gargoyle Biovore.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	19749

Name:	Screamer Killer.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	19750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c92398tyrscreamer-01.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	19751

Name:	Lictor.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	19752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lictor.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	19753

Continued:

Name:	Hive Tyrant.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	19754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyrant Guard.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	19755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hive Tyrant.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	19756

Name:	Termagaunt.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	19757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tyr Hormagaunt.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	19758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2105genestealerzoats.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	19759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2103genestealers.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	19760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2102genestealers.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	19761

Name:	Chaos Dreadnaughts.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	19770

Another rule tweak: Close Combat from the side. If you check the game manual, the only penalty of getting attacked from the side is being limited to 2 die max. The issue here is there are only 2 creatures out of the whole force list between both sides that even use 3D, that this would affect: Tyranid with bonesword, and Genestealer. It didn't make sense that no other model would even notice getting attacked from the side. So, we have adapted a +1 to the die roll from side attacks (manual says rear attacks are +2). This provides some reward for flanking, even if it isn't a rear strike.
    Last edited by Commander Dante; 06-10-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Here are the prints I use for Marines:

Name:	4104spacemarines-02.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	19762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2006smcommanders.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	19763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2016smterminators.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	19764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2018smgreyknightterminator.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	19765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2024smdreadnoughts-01.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	19766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TradeCatWinter1990Pg30-01.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	19767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marine Dreadnaughts.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	19768
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chaos Dreadnaughts.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	19769  

Just an update to show you what I meant by my laminated flip books. They're handy, and I can conserve the original manual. The home laminator made it a snap, plus notice the loose ring binding -ez with a 3 hole puncher. I did the same thing for my Space Hulk set, one for Marine player with all relevant pics and force lists, and one for 'Stealers the same.

The lam'd pages are also great for dry erase, as you can see on the one page where the scout squads marked A, B.

Name:	20170611_151707.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	19774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170611_151812.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	19775

Awesome. That's great - i may well expand my tyranids with this after a few goes with the standard list. Definitely going to be using my work's laminator! A dry erase flip book will be very convenient. I keep my original rules protected in a folder and use a printed version and quick ref pages as the book I had in the 90 got absolutely trashed.
    Can't wait to play now but got to wait for at least one week, perhaps two

Was looking at your other links and the imperial guard one didn't seem to work?

- - - Updated - - -

I've refreshed the IG rule in the original post, also here:

[URL="https://www.scribd.com/document/351204849/White-Dwarf-132-Advanced-Space-Crusade-Imperial-Guard"]https://www.scribd.com/document/351204849/White-Dwarf-132-Advanced-Space-Crusade-Imperial-Guard[/URL]

Hi so I said I'd let you know how my latest game went... was great fun but no a success for my tyranids! I didn't manage to take any pics this time but another game planned for next weekend and I'll try and get some of that.

This time a series of unlucky roles and card placings led to my opponent only loosing 3 marines in the end! We played the second smallest campaign. First cards up were the hive mind synapse and a duct - not a good start. He took the synapse using a scout squad and terminators. I lost a chaos marine squad, tyranid with bone swords a zoat and 2 grabber slashers to a couple of terminators and a scout Sargent from him. My missile launcher marine rolled a 1 for his first shot and promptly died after that. Then stranger - he got a squat, trap - avoided by his scout, then the dermal sphincter - no passages blocked passages etc. So not much chance for my reserves to wake up although I did get a couple of blips. Dermal sphincter was pretty undefended against a devastator squad and terminators although I took down another terminator and 2 from the dev squad. So he replenished the terminators using via the dermal sphincter. I've not got many blips at this point and so load up the ambush boxes and hope but the next card is an undefended primary objective (can't remember which) so it's game over as he reaches 50 points.

All a bit unlucky with the cards for me - I could have done with some more reinforcements and an ambush or two. Shouldn't have left the primary objective undefended really either. Great fun though.
    I wonder have you made any other house rules for the marines or standard tyranids? I was wondering whether to limit the number of meltabombs... Perhaps I'm just being rubbish but the nid seem a bit more of a challenge than the marines.

Also, I found this pretty cool revamp of the game someone did last year
    [url]https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1502435/updating-look-advanced-space-crusade[/url]
    Last edited by Johnnyboy; 06-25-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Just finished paiting my first scout squad

Name:	CM170626-22584003.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	19799

Congrats on your ASC progress.

As to the game report - Sounds like the cards were indeed on the fast track to let the marines discover their objectives. Yes, investing in Ambush as 'nids is a reasonable strategy in the beginning of any game, since there are multiple Ambush cards which could potentially be drawn by the Marine player. But, it's as you've learned it's also important to keep your eye on the ball with protecting the objectives as a priority, and investing in Ambush when you can spare the troops.

Since in Ambush 'Nids can place 3 blips, if those blips are squads of chaos, orks, or such then whatever Marine unit is in Recon is going to be vastly outnumbered (potentially 3:1). Remember to guard tile 1, as that's where the Marines have to go through to escape. Since a scout squad is limited to the 5 models, there will be at least one guaranteed entry point that they will be unable to guard, out of the 6 possible (of tiles 1,3,4,5 which connect to tile 2 in the Ambush setup). Since Marines place first in section 2, the 'Nids can choose any of the others and exploit this weakness (do a quick practice set up and see what i mean if it helps).

Rolls - yep. Can't do anything about bad rolls, it's all part of the story and out of a large number of games you will see some very interesting scenarios take place no doubt. I've seen big men fall quickly, and small men do extraordinary things, on occasion. Sometimes the Hive Ship wakes up like it's on fire, sometimes the 'nids sleep in like they partied hard Saturday night. Ya never can tell.
    When I make my Reaction rolls, I put it that the Marines are either keeping their cool or freaking out; my Nids are either hungry or not so much. It gives every model and roll some character.

Yeah, dermal sphincter is one the 'nid player would rather see earlier than later, when the Marines have some forces to recover. If it's captured early, it's just 10 VP. Othewise, it's like fighting a whole new force which can spell the end of that Tyranid ship.

Melta bombs - I don't think I've seen them used but rarely, because they are so difficult to use! A Marine has to be adjacent to his target when planting the bomb (which has to be an Un-maneuverable model), take a Ready Weapon Action (which allows 1 square of movement in attempt to get adjacent, and 'nids who have LOS can react to this step by shooting, initiating close combat, or even potentially diving prone if they are not Un-maneuverable. In fact, since the marine can only place the melta-bomb in his front 3 squares a 'nid could potentially React and simply Move Forward 1 Square, out of the range (since the Marine player will have had to declare his movement facing during the step, theres no risk of the marine now turning because they already committed to the facing, and doesn't have another movement point to turn). Thus, the marine would be forced to abort the attack and end the model's action, or place the bomb in an empty square, and it has no Area effect. In fact, the best thing they're used for is destroying the actual Living Organ objectives, if the marines can get close enough, which usually means they've won the Encounter anyways.
    Now, if it's Melta Missile, that's just something the 'nids have to deal with also by quickly targeting and killing the Marine armed with the missile launcher. Fair game either way.

Remember, Marines lose 1 VP for each marine killed if the entire squad was wiped out. A smart marine player will cycle out a squad thats down to 1 or 2 survivors and not include them in any major battles if they could get lost, unless absolutely necessary. This is why if they do draw Ambush, its important to wipe out the squad completely with no survivors, or make priority targets of these survivors in future battles if they are present.

Other house rules - Well I've posted what I've gotten to so far. With this new batch of 'nids I picked up (see latest happenings thread) I have more options, and when i get the time and energy to adapt and playtest (and paint) any of the newer stuff I'll be sure to post it also. I'm sure at some point, I can integrate most of it.

Thanks for the link to that revamp. Some interesting looking tiles, but actually getting them produced is going to be some work. I'd rather just try to grab a tileset off ebay if I can find it by itself, or in a mostly stripped game. Once you have a copy of the other things, the board tiles become the item that you want multiple sets of.

Very cool scout squad!
    Last edited by Commander Dante; 06-29-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast