BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Top hats

Default Top hats

This might sound really bizarre, but I want to purchase a large quantity of Miniature top hats for my army, but can't find anything suitable. What I have seen doesn't have a clear enough size comparison for me to judge, and I'm not particularly knowledgeable of website that sell individual bitz.

The reason I want them is because I want to add a little flair to my Skaven army, I have just recently started painting them and have gone with an albino paint scheme, I want to give all my advanced infantry and Hq's a touch of Elegance.The name of my team? The Aristocrats, genius I know :P

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, and thanks.

Veteran-Sergeant

Hopefully someone knows where to find some, because I'd like a few for a Necron army I've been piecing at. Puttin' on the Ritz, indeed.

Make one out of greenstuff and then GS-cast it. Best way to do it.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Librarian

Cylindrical styrene rod and a small circle of plasticard are your friend...

My friend is making a chaos themed orc army, all savage and covered in blood.

Someone on facebook made a comment about them stopping for crumpets and now they are officially dapper orcs who never hesitate to stop for crumpets and tea in the middle of a battle whilst screaming 'Pip Pip!'

His shaman is getting a green stuff top hat!

Clearly games workshop needs to sell their own top hat bitz kit, they'd make millions!

Now I want to put a top hat on a Bret night and then put a bird or a griphon on top of it. Thus couls turn out like TF2 witg the hats...

Veteran-Sergeant

I've thought about making a steam-punk army and top hats and fezes would be on the heads of all of my army...
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Okay, after doing some digging I found these [url]http://wyrd-games.net/shop/Hats-and-Guns-of-Malifaux.html[/url]

Not too far off the sort of thing I'm looking for, but for the price I would have to settle for putting them only on my expensive units, which is a shame. Might keep looking, but I'll probably grab this if nothing shows up and do a cast of just the tophat.

Quote Originally Posted by MaltonNecromancer View Post
    Cylindrical styrene rod and a small circle of plasticard are your friend...
    This is probably the best idea.