BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RIP 'Ardboyz

I don't understand "it began to lose the support of the very players it was designed to appeal to", when there's more and more people involved every year. It was only meant for a certain group of people, but now there are more participants, the people who matter don't play anymore?

Battle-Brother

my best matches came from ard' boyz. it will be missed.

I will miss it. It was nice that GW was actually supporting a tournament and provided good prize support. I enjoyed all my games but the people that I was playing were not that hard core win at all costs. Made for enjoyable games. Also enjoyed taking an over the top large army. The last one I took 120+ sisters of battle (old codex) did not do so well but really concerned my opponents facing so many 3+ saves.

Scout
    New Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

I live in the middle of the GW desert despite being in one of the most densly populated regions on the planet and ard boys was the only GW event we had. Hell it's the only gaming event we have beyond the local tournaments. And no one runs Fantasy tournaments anymore.

I'm not a fan of tournamnet play personally but it is unortunate to see another GW sponsored event go. My optimistic side is hoping we may see another worldwide campaign crop up along side 6th ed's release.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456