BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 'Ardboyz

Fly Lord

Default RIP 'Ardboyz

Just got word,

Games workshop has cancelled the annual 'Ardboyz tournament.

It was a mixed polarizing tournament from the start, with its no comp, no painting requirement, WAAC ethos - the very opposite of the Throne of Skulls events. It certainly brought out a certain type of player, but as the prize support and multi-tiered finals began to fray, it began to lose the support of the very players it was designed to appeal to.

Goodbye 'Ardboyz, we hardly even knew ya...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Battle-Brother

Pwned.
    BHound1981
    https://www.facebook.com/IAWargamming

This sucks cause this was one of the few tournaments that i had a chance of winning. I gone to it for two years and never ran in to the WAAC people you all clamor about. I don’t have the money to pay out 50 + dollars to go to some of the bigger tourney or to have a army painted for I get top score in painting. On top of that my painting is average at best. To lose to a painting score seam unfair, if I have the best win / lose record. Nit 9th place or less, as I have seen happen in some tournaments.

Librarian

While I have never been much of a competitive player, I thought this tournament was fun. It was nice to have that type of tournament for those who didn't wanna worry about paintscore.

for the record, what is WAAC?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post

for the record, what is WAAC?
    Win At All Costs

Chapter-Master

Awww, I liked any tournament that I could just show up to and play for free.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Sad panda... well I'm just glad I got to win 1st @ second round last year and got my RIDICULOUS amount of Orks out of them before they cancled it. Makes me wonder what the "real" reason is for them canceling the tournament...

It will be missed.

Brother-Sergeant

I....kind of wish I had gotten to play in one, since I started 40k last year? But at the same time I don't. 2500 is an "overkill" point level. There's not a lot of skill in building a list with that much wiggle room, heck a lot of things can fit in 2000 anyway.

Can't say I'm really sad it's gone, but I hope that it's not indicative of some sort of trend where GW wants to further pretend they're a model company. What would be nice is if the funding for this went towards supporting the tournaments more people care about, establishing relationships with the community. But now I'm being hopefully and bright-eyed.

Chaplain

It's because of 'Ard Boyz I have meet some of my favorite 40k opponents. Had my bad moments but it was a lot of fun. Sorry to see it go.....

I placed 2rd in round 1 last year and was hoping to try it again this year and try for first....oh well.

I shan't particularly miss it. I played in it a few years and found it to be dominated by unpainted net-lists... not my cup of tea... Copeland

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast