BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default GW raises free shipping minimum

has anyone else noticed this? the price for free shipping in the US just almost doubled, going from 30 to 50 dollars. No warning, no notice, just changed. meanwhile the UK site still lists 10 pounds as the minimum. last time i checked that was about 16 dollars US. What gives? About to call and give them a piece of my mind, I encourage you to all do the same

Chaplain

There are probably several factors. I am sure exchange rates have changed and maybe there are new tariffs that are in place. Also I am sure oil costs for shipping have hit them. Also I think the main distributor is in England so that is why it's probably cheaper in England. Also I bet being a smaller country with a better post service help with shipping costs. US post service might be charging them more.
    Last edited by celestialatc; 03-20-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: grammer edit.

In the touchy topic of GW prices this is one I just don't understand. What motivates you to buy directly from GW at a higher cost (pre-shipping) then from the numberous and standing alternative on-line stores?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by codiddy View Post
    has anyone else noticed this? the price for free shipping in the US just almost doubled, going from 30 to 50 dollars. No warning, no notice, just changed. meanwhile the UK site still lists 10 pounds as the minimum. last time i checked that was about 16 dollars US. What gives? About to call and give them a piece of my mind, I encourage you to all do the same
    Oh, Boo-Freaking-Hoo.

First, their $30 free shipping threshold was ridiculously low. The only company I can think of that was even close to that was Amazon, and Amazon is gigantic with a much broader customer base.

Second, the price of petrol in the US is expected to be over $4.00 a gallon this summer in the midwest, where only threeyears ago it was less than $2.00.

Third:
    US Total Area - 9,826,675 sq km
    England Total Area - 130,395 sq km

Get over it.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

Not to mention that the US has it's own manufacturing plant, so everything you buy over there is made and dsitribued over there, it has nothing to do with the UK manufacturing and distribution network so comparing the two is pointless.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

50 dollars to get free shipping? That's like one finecast model now-a-days!

Quote Originally Posted by under View Post
    In the touchy topic of GW prices this is one I just don't understand. What motivates you to buy directly from GW at a higher cost (pre-shipping) then from the numberous and standing alternative on-line stores?
    well it had been out of a sense of loyalty and convenience. I knew if I had a problem with my order, that I was guaranteed to get help from GW customer service, as they would be able to see the order had come from them. I generally took the stance that if i wasn't buying it at the FLGS i would just get it from GW. However I will most likely be moving now to a 3rd party online vendor

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Oh, Boo-Freaking-Hoo.

First, their $30 free shipping threshold was ridiculously low. The only company I can think of that was even close to that was Amazon, and Amazon is gigantic with a much broader customer base.

Second, the price of petrol in the US is expected to be over $4.00 a gallon this summer in the midwest, where only threeyears ago it was less than $2.00.

Third:
    US Total Area - 9,826,675 sq km
    England Total Area - 130,395 sq km

Get over it.
    Tone, bring it down.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

edit
    Last edited by codiddy; 03-20-2012 at 04:20 PM.

First-Captain

Over $4/gallon by summer?

I paid $4.53/gallon last week.

Argh...

That being said, $50 threshold is nothing. Shipping isn't exactly cheap in the US these days.

I need to spend $100 for free shipping at MM. But the discount makes it worth it...

Edit: why'd you remove your post, codiddy?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast