BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by doogansquest View Post
    I love how the Google/Wikipedia experts always arrive when pricing, taxation, and law come up in a gaming thread; yet they try to pass it off as their own knowledge...
    It wasn't from Wikipedia. I knew there was a law in place that allowed for online stores to be tax exempt. Wasn't sure what it was, so i looked it up. I never hid that fact. You know, hence the quote boxes.... If more people did that we'd have better discussions.

@ghost - they didn't raise any prices. Simply their free shipping threshold. I personally don't think they owe me any notice because theyre under no onus to offer free shipping in the first place.

www.queencityguard.com

Oh those GW guys, raising the incentives to shop at spikey bits...

I am sad to hear the increase in free shipping minimum. But it does make sense given who we are talking about.

Brother-Sergeant

First, it's hard not to spend $50 on this stuff.

Second, who buys direct?!?!
    Please visit my 40k Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Da40kOrks

just diggin in that wallet a little more, cause they know youll pay it

Quote Originally Posted by billytwix View Post
    Oh those GW guys, raising the incentives to shop at spikey bits...
    I wouldn't ever buy from spikeybits, just on principal. Ugly conversions with shameless plugs aren't my thing.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by codiddy View Post
    I wouldn't ever buy from spikeybits, just on principal. Ugly conversions with shameless plugs aren't my thing.
    Amen to that. I've actually avoided buying from them because of it.

www.queencityguard.com

But seriously, here's the deal bro: read a bit about what you're posting about before you post. It doesn't take that long to inform yourself so you can intelligently add to a conversation.
    I did ***, it's called I looked at my order and it had a non zero sales tax line. Again, this may have been an error, but it was there, reguardless of what the laws were. So, yeah, stop being an internet know it all. Besides I never even said I lived in the states. Again, just another instance of your stupidity, and assumptions.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    I did ***, it's called I looked at my order and it had a non zero sales tax line. Again, this may have been an error, but it was there, reguardless of what the laws were. So, yeah, stop being an internet know it all. Besides I never even said I lived in the states. Again, just another instance of your stupidity, and assumptions.
    No. That isn't "reading about it." That's using an isolated anecdote with no context. In the likely event you don't know what "anecdote" means, a simple synonym would be "example" or "story."

The OP referred to $50. This indicated to me that he was referring to the US. Clearly my examples were in regards to the US. If you didn't live in the US, why the hell would your input even matter or have any context in said conversation?

So I'll reiterate: inform yourself about a topic before you ignorantly comment on it. Otherwise all you add is petulant, redundancy in your unsupported arguments.

www.queencityguard.com

Dont really care, have not ordered from GW in years, dont know why anybody would.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234