BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    That was one of the most poorly written write ups to ever infect my brain with an info virus.

The grammar was poor. The spelling was poor. The pictures were cool...ten years ago?

I guess I just don't understand the point. It was just a summary of the various armies in 40k. I kept reading because I expected a joke at some point.
    That's more or less how I felt.
    Broke a personal boycott I've held on Cracked articles for a few years in order to check it out and I was disappointed that not only was it minimally funny, but it was a train-wreck as far as actual writing is concerned.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Sergeant

I don't know anything about cracked, who the audience is or who writes it. Judging by the 40k article, 13 year olds. Room for improvement.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by iheartgrimdark View Post
    I don't know anything about cracked, who the audience is or who writes it. Judging by the 40k article, 13 year olds. Room for improvement.
    It's mainly a comedy site. They have several regular writers and then have some user generated content. This appears to be one of their user generated ones. They are not usually so bad with the grammar mistakes. But they do have some great articles and columns. I probably read one cracked article a day on my droid.

Brother-Sergeant

Cracked is usually funnier and with the ample opportunity the 40k player-base offers, I thought they would do better.

Librarian

I have to share this. It's my favourite Cracked.com article. The first time I read it, I laughed so hard a little bit of wee came. I still find it funny the tenth time.

[url]http://www.cracked.com/blog/worst-life-ever-the-story-of-kazuyuki-fujitas-skull/[/url]

I think I'll live my life by that flow chart.

Scout

That article was...boring. Badly written etc as said by other posters, a real disappointment for cracked, a site I've been reading for yonks now. Bad form.

Chaplain

I so miss that magazine. Personally, I think it was much better than Mad. As for the article...meh. It seemed rather childish. Probably was written by a child. But it did have a couple of funny moments.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTurkey View Post
    Yes, after "dead tree Cracked" as it is known on Cracked.com failed they underwent a massive restructuring and came up with something much better.

However, after reading that 40k article it's obvious that their copyeditor has gone missing.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

It just did not seem to have any real content to the article. Shame really could have been really funny.
    My blog http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/ Prodos Games US Marketing and Sales manager http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/

Librarian

Shame really could have been really funny.
    Would more likely have been the old Encyclopedia Dramatica article v 2.0... *brrrr*.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast