BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Cracked.com article on 40K

Well, not 100% accurate as always, but still it's Cracked and they make a few good jokes.

[URL="http://www.cracked.com/funny-164-warhammer-40k/"]http://www.cracked.com/funny-164-warhammer-40k/[/URL]
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

I liked the article!

Veteran-Sergeant

does anyone know anything about that reggae space marine???? please tell me someone out there has an army entirely reggae themed!! that model is soooo nice

First-Captain

Fairly amusing overall, but what a horrible editing job!

Cracked is usually much better about that. Homophone errors, grammatical mistakes, etc.

People rip on BoLS articles...and they're not half as messed up as this article was.

Battle-Brother

Nice article, however the comments at the bottom really leave much to be desired (with the one noticeable exception of the Swooping Hawk comment)... Yeah, gotta love forums.

Veteran-Sergeant

Mhen

Chaplain

Dumb question:

As a kid there was a satire and parody magazine along the lines of Mad. It was named Cracked. I used to read it constantly. Is this Cracked.com in any way related to that old magazine?
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Dumb question:

As a kid there was a satire and parody magazine along the lines of Mad. It was named Cracked. I used to read it constantly. Is this Cracked.com in any way related to that old magazine?
    Yes, after "dead tree Cracked" as it is known on Cracked.com failed they underwent a massive restructuring and came up with something much better.

However, after reading that 40k article it's obvious that their copyeditor has gone missing.

That was one of the most poorly written write ups to ever infect my brain with an info virus.

The grammar was poor. The spelling was poor. The pictures were cool...ten years ago?

I guess I just don't understand the point. It was just a summary of the various armies in 40k. I kept reading because I expected a joke at some point.

Chapter-Master

A well done joke marine that is FUNNY and well painted?!

that was one of the most well written 40k articals i have ever read!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast