BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

1) 4th Ed Nids: I liked the reports from the Imperium, and reading about the desperate struggles of Inquisitor Kryptman to stay ahead of the swarm.

2) 5th ed Necrons: I like the background for the special characters, particularly Zandrekh and Obyron. It probably helps that I never was wild about the C'tan and the Old Ones being the source of everything interesting about the current races.

3) Orks, in general the one I'm most familiar with is 4th, though I'm sure the others are even more crazy. In 4th, I liked the tale of the Demon hunter, cutting a swath through the Eye of Terror because demons were good fightin'.

Scout

3.5 chaos dex. I loved all the customization options through gifts and legion specific rules. Current one is so bland its sad.

3rd edition Tyranid codex solely for one reason: You could design your own creatures and include mutants in your swarms! It was a converters dream come true. I spent a lot of time designing my own gun-beasts and creating new "upgrades." No codex since then has brought that level of customization to the game.

1. Deamonhunters. Hands down the most fun codex. Best of both worlds (IG/SM). Great Fluff.
    2. Necrons (previous ed.) Great fluff.
    3. Space Wolves 5th ed. Great fluff .

Brother-Sergeant

Fluff wise, Ultramarines (2nd Ed), Daemon Hunters (3rd ed), Necrons (3rd Ed), Space Marines (4th and 5th Ed), Tyranids (5th ed) and maybe Dark Eldar (5th Ed).

Rules wise, Space Marines 4th and 5th Ed. Or more specifically, 5th Ed but with chapter traits would have been awesome.

I l iked the Craftworld Eldar dex.
    I made a Ranger-Pathifnder list that was amazing.
    When my friends saw what I was working on, one of them bought and painted a Baal Predator as a gift.
    They offered it as a bribe to stick with my BA instead of going back to Eldar.

Favorites:
    The last Ork Codex: the "choppa rule" was the best! Looted vehicles that used actual vehicle stat lines instead of the old stand by of 11, 11, 10...not every vehicle looted is a basic rhino or chimera...
    SM codex with chapter traits: who wouldn't like customizing a chapter?
    The Armageddon Codex: Speed Freaks!!!!!!!!
    The Eye of Terror Codex: 13th Company of SW - who doesn't like werewolves in power armor?

Battle-Brother

1. Space wolves 5th ed
    2. tie between Armageddon condex(steel legion/cult of speed) and eye of terror codex(13th company/lost and the damned)
    3. black Templar4th ed codex
    4. Tau 4th ed codex

Wanna give a shout out to chapter approved even tho it isn't a codex per say still some of the best books GW put out.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by pappsy View Post
    gk
    And...?
    Last edited by Drunkencorgimaster; 03-27-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Angels of Death is the correct answer, tons of really cool fluff and stories and 2 very different army lists, a close second is 2nd ed Sisters of Battle, introducing a whole new faction and having tons of detail about the history of the post-heresy Imperium, such a good read!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast