BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Veteran-Sergeant

Default favorite codexes of all time

what are yours? could be fluff wise, could be rules based/competitive. here are mine in no particular order:

SW 5th edition (duh)

catachan 3rd edition (had sooooo much fun playing with this)

lost and the damned (never played but my buddy did, it was great)

chaos 3rd edition (one of the best ever, the way they split up the factions)

tyranids 4th edition (was great, reaaalllyyy got worse with fifth, both fluff and rules wise)

First-Captain

All time favorite? Eldar codex, 2nd Ed.

Runner up?

Dark Eldar codex, 5th Ed.

Chaplain

Codex: Armageddon for giving the Black Templars a list. Also a lot of good reading material.

Codex: Space Marines. The edition with the "chapter traits" system. I loved having that ability to really tailor an army with some special abilities.

Imperial Armor Siege of Vraks: Death Korps need I say more?
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Chapter-Master

1st: 3rd ed daemonhunters that book was rididculous AND fun and had painting guides and demon galleries and possesion ruels and more sllyness

2nd: blood angels paper dex: because i like furisos and rhinos became useless so you had to run a non mech army

@grenadier that was 4rth ed if im not mistaken?
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Occuli Imperator

Codex Angels of Death
    The fluff in there was brilliant, plus 2 for 1 codex

Codex: Craftworld Eldar (the 3E Eldar supplement).

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    1st: 3rd ed daemonhunters that book was rididculous AND fun and had painting guides and demon galleries and possesion ruels and more sllyness
    Could not agree more! Daemonhunters was a fun book and I miss some of the awesomeness!

Librarian

1st edition Imperial Guard.
    1st edition Robots.
    2nd edition AdMech.

and that "Lost and the Damned" mini codex in the Witch Hunters book.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post

2nd: blood angels paper dex: because i like furisos and rhinos became useless so you had to run a non mech army

@grenadier that was 4rth ed if im not mistaken?
    I started out playing Deamonhunters, never played anything but them. I wish the new codex would have been more of an update of the 3rd ed DH than what it turned out to be.

Brother-Sergeant

I became involved with 40k during 4th edition, so I can say that I really liked the Space Marine codex and the Tyranid codex from those editions (those were my first two armies, built from the starter set)

I really miss the Space Marine chapter traits option. It had a neat way of making a space marine army unique without having to use a specific independent character or buying a different codex. The current space marine codex works fine, but I wish it still had that.

4th edition tyranids really was just hay-day time for my tyranids... haven't really used them at all in the new addition. With Tyranid Warriors now being troops rather than elites, I couldn't make a decent sized legal army anymore! That combined with the difficulty I have with painting (especially considering I had a lot of termagant/hormagaunt/genestealer gribblies running around) really put them on the back burner for me when the new codex came out. My little tyranid heart cries inside.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast