BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I'll have to go with 3rd Ed Dark Angels. Just because it was basically the codex that got me into the hobby. DA have been my favourite ever since.
    A close second would be Codex Armageddon, just because I really liked the whole feel of the campaign and the armies provided in the codex back then.

Hmm Favorites:

2nd Ed Tyranids - still smiling at the Hive Tyrants weapon description: "Claws, Jaws and a bad Attitude"

2nd Ed Chaos - so much could be done with that book.

Codex Armageddon (3rd ed) - good setting, multiple army lists in one book, GW really should have taken this concept and run, would have allowed multiple armies to be updated, the ability to add new stuff to more than 1 army at a time.

Codex Lost and Damned same reason as above.

Battle-Brother

Codex: Lost and the Damned, it's what chaos is supposed to be

Scout
    Here and There within Europe, currently Germany

Tyranids 2nd edition because it was m first ever codex
    Chaos Space Marines second edition packed with fluff and nice minis
    Orks 5th edition the revival of fun things

Codex Chaos 2nd Ed for me.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Beerzerker View Post
    Codex Chaos 2nd Ed for me.
    That one and Orks 2. Ed, for it was really about the hobby and fluff and those things were still books not glorified leaflets. Real codices!

Chaos 3,5 is fondly remembered as is lost and damed and I have a soft spot for the last greenskin one. May Mork or Gork help me...
    Last edited by Fstiger; 03-30-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Battle-Brother

Has to be the old IG codex. Sigh, I miss the days when every IG army was a little different, not just variants of leafblower....

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    1st: 3rd ed daemonhunters that book was rididculous AND fun and had painting guides and demon galleries and possesion ruels and more sllyness

2nd: blood angels paper dex: because i like furisos and rhinos became useless so you had to run a non mech army

@grenadier that was 4rth ed if im not mistaken?
    I started out playing Deamonhunters, never played anything but them. I wish the new codex would have been more of an update of the 3rd ed DH than what it turned out to be.

Brother-Sergeant

I became involved with 40k during 4th edition, so I can say that I really liked the Space Marine codex and the Tyranid codex from those editions (those were my first two armies, built from the starter set)

I really miss the Space Marine chapter traits option. It had a neat way of making a space marine army unique without having to use a specific independent character or buying a different codex. The current space marine codex works fine, but I wish it still had that.

4th edition tyranids really was just hay-day time for my tyranids... haven't really used them at all in the new addition. With Tyranid Warriors now being troops rather than elites, I couldn't make a decent sized legal army anymore! That combined with the difficulty I have with painting (especially considering I had a lot of termagant/hormagaunt/genestealer gribblies running around) really put them on the back burner for me when the new codex came out. My little tyranid heart cries inside.

The old Lost and the Damned books, back in 2nd Edition, best fluff ever, though the D1000 charts were a bit much...

GW still hasn't learned that random DOES NOT EQUAL FUN!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456