BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Fists

Veteran-Sergeant

Nice, good job. looking forward to seeing more of the army

I like the paint scheme, are you going for extreme highlighting? If not, you might want to try thinning down your paints to more of a glaze so they don't quite pop as much (I like the extreme/neon method myself).

Chaplain

Thumbs up

Very nice work!
    I have a soft spot for the Crimson Fists especially after reading the BL book about their tragic defence of their home planet & also they are a second founding from the Emperors Fist as are my Black Templars.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Scout

Looks good. Have you thought of lining it with a micro pen? I really find it's a huge improvement on my models.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    Nice guess you're going to leave the eyes with just the wash? (wouldn't blame you, I usually do)
    Which eye are you speaking of? The real eye is done completely. It has the pupil, and the eye is white.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by astrocometer View Post
    Sweet, how long did it take?
    For me I thought it was quick, but I think it took maybe 4-6 hours total. But that is with multiple sit downs and over the span of about a week. I sadly don't have as much time as I would like, and I have a Dark Eldar army that I am working on and painting at the same time. Though it is was further along. This is the only guy I have painted for my crimson fists; though I have a tac squad primed and a ironclad dreadnuaght and a vindicator put together and primed also. I am making my own sternguard and am slowly putting them together also. Lots to do.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Can't wait for more updates on your army.
    The colour scheme is really good, what colours did you use for the dark blue?
    I use a 50/50 mix of necron abyss and regal blue; followed by a layer of pure regal blue. After that I hightlight with enchanted blue, and then a 50/50 mix of ice blue and space wolves grey. Then a watered down wash of asurman blue after I touch up anyh highlights that got out of control.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dez667 View Post
    I like the paint scheme, are you going for extreme highlighting? If not, you might want to try thinning down your paints to more of a glaze so they don't quite pop as much (I like the extreme/neon method myself).
    I like the extreme highlight verses a blend. So that is why it looks the way it does.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by imperialsavant View Post
    Very nice work!
    I have a soft spot for the Crimson Fists especially after reading the BL book about their tragic defence of their home planet & also they are a second founding from the Emperors Fist as are my Black Templars.
    Yeah I really like their story, but my army is going to be centered around Pedro Kantor (just waiting for GW to release him in Finecast and he will be added to my collection). He makes everyone stubborn and acts like a standard for anyone within 12 inches of him, so extra attacks in close combat, and icing on top; sternguard are scoring units.
    So I am excited, this is my 3rd army, but first power armor army.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Meigeall View Post
    Looks good. Have you thought of lining it with a micro pen? I really find it's a huge improvement on my models.
    No, my brother does with his army, but I don't know where I would on my guys with my color scheme, and

I'm really trying to improve my painting always, and I just don't it helping by using one.

But my brother really likes it and it helps him do things more quickly, and looks good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast