BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Have you challenged a partner to a game of 40K?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 56.10%
  • No

18 43.90%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaplain

Talking

Maybe she is no girl at all? Did you ever take a look?

Peace through superior Firepower!

Banned

My wife got me Black Reach for the Christmas we were engaged. She gets me models on special occasions from a wish list. She lets me go to the LGS every now and then. Once the kiddies get older, I'm sure I'll make it more often.

Other than that, it's just something she just will not understand, even though she plays puzzle games on her iPad and watches cop dramas and the Office all day.

I'm sorry: I am completely out of my depth on this one. I've been married most of twenty years and my wife won't have anything to do with my hobby or anything science fiction/fantasy related. She won't:
    • go into a game store
    • watch Star Trek
    • watch Lord of the Rings
    • read science fiction or fantasy
    • play wargames
    • paint minis
    • in general, have anything to do with SF or fantasy anything!

... so I don't really have a lot to say about your girlfriend beating you at 40K. It's completely outside of my experience. However, I am the chess instructor at my school and I tell my students the same thing every year: "The chess board doesn't care who you are. It doesn't care how old you are. Chess is all about strategy." I think most of what I tell my students applies to this thread. I am in no way surprised that a woman is good at 40K: it's just a strategy game. It is surprising how quickly she picked it up... fair enough: now go forth and figure out how to beat her!

Cheers! Copeland

Chapter-Master

I always found it more of a turn-ON when a girl beats me at a game. Sue me, I find being strategically and tactically beaten by a female to be super hot. Maybe I'm secretly a masochist.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Battle-Brother

Heh, my first boyfriend couldn't stand the game at all. He hated it irrationally. Now, all I have to worry about is my boyfriend getting sulky when I table him. XD

Last tournament we played in together i tabled his Descent of Angels BA list with my Space Puppies. He was so sad that I ended up going and buying him a shirt to make up for it.

I can't get my wife into gaming. She just doesn't have the mind for it.

My wife isn't into 40K, but she does put up with me talking about it far too often! She's more into console gaming, and prefers survival horror to strategy titles, and is a fan of horror, sci-fi, and fantasy. She does like some of the models GW make though(especially Vampire Counts). Our daughter, on the other hand, is into games & minatures, and keeps asking if she can have some of my Space Marine models "that you're not using" to add to her collection!

she must be a pretty cool person

my wife paints my miniatures better than me. nomatter what tactics i use the dicegods prefer her. she plays the purest list of codex creeps and any statistic about average rolls looses it's truth...
    ... and yet she refuses to get an army,too ...
    what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Fenris View Post
    Heh, my first boyfriend couldn't stand the game at all. He hated it irrationally. Now, all I have to worry about is my boyfriend getting sulky when I table him. XD

Last tournament we played in together i tabled his Descent of Angels BA list with my Space Puppies. He was so sad that I ended up going and buying him a shirt to make up for it.
    lol, that is a lot funnier when you accidentally read shirt as skirt :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast