BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Have you challenged a partner to a game of 40K?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 56.10%
  • No

18 43.90%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

The first step is admitting that your girlfriend is secretly a dude, and you are playing her/him on VASSAL.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Ive never gotten my girlfriend to play a game or even listen to what it is. She has no problem with it by any means, but she just laughs and mostly ignores it. If I ever did play her I think Id win, but if I lost, it would be very very shameful indeed...

Scout

I've tried to get my wife to play. She just smiles, pats me on the head and tells me to have fun playing with my plastic man dollies. "sigh"

I've never been able to get a girlfriend/wife to play. Da Gwen!mom tried Heroclix (being that she IS a fanatical DC fangirl) but never didn't really get into that.

Now da Gwen herself, she has tried her hand at painting (normally not so well but applied a bunch of brown/earth tones to a marine and did a frighteningly passable plague marine) so maybe in a year of so she'll be ready to play.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

My wife is an interesting one. She is a professional artist (oil paintings and such) and she loves the aesthetic of the Dark Eldar. She's painted some amazing stuff, which really makes me jealous. I'm studying biochemistry (working on a PhD, just a little proud of it), and, as I always tell my professors, if I could draw I would've majored in art.

Essentially, the wife loves to paint my "Guys" with me, but hates playing. She's played a couple of games, but she thinks rolling all the dice is stupid. I'm okay with that, though, because she's super supportive. She has never once complained about the amount of time or money that goes into 40k.

Brother-Sergeant

Wife has zero interest in the hobby at all, either playing or painting. She's pretty creative, I thought I could get her painting. No such luck.
    Please visit my 40k Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Da40kOrks

Veteran-Sergeant

lol i wish my girlfriend was a little bit more interested in 40k so i could play her but we would propbably kill each other if we played

Be glad she plays with you. While my wife doesn't give me grief for my hobby, she has expressed on many occasions that she has no interest in playing a "game of monsters." (I play nids)

Battle-Brother

I remember the first time I played my now girlfriend for almost 3 years now. Instead of doing the normal teaching game where you show the person the ropes and try to make it close and even let them win....I forgot myself and my competitiveness took over and wiped her out. But thankfully she was still hooked and still plays to this day (loves conversions most of all); and is even doing pretty well these days. Has beaten me a few times now; even done so in a tournament that then helped get her 3 place (has done that twice now, placing in a tourney that is ).

We even have another game coming up tomorrow...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234