BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Scout

Default Prometheus

Has anyone else seen the new trailer? Really looking forward to this film.

Chaplain

I'm waiting to see this movie. From the trailer it seems it captured that same atmosphere, but on a grander scale, the original Alien did.

Is this one of more to follow? I heard a few rumors that there would be Alien prequels. I even heard they were thinking of doing an older idea for Alien that was abandoned. In which the creature and Ripley would be aboard a "wooden planet" populated by space monks. I think in some aspects Alien 3 grew out of that idea.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

I just pray that they rebuild the damage to the franchise that those awful AvP movies did...
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Brother-Captain

I enjoyed AvP as mindless entertainment. After watching AvP2, I wanted to demand my money back ... and I was watching it at home on rented DVD.

Prometheus looks good, but I find myself looking forward more to seeing how the actors perform in this, particularly Fassbender and Theron.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

I personally disliked every single Alien film after "Alien", so I am really looking forward to this as it feels like the film that I felt should of been made after the first one for me - even down to the space jockey stuff and creepy soundtrack (which reminds me of some of the older dark industrial music I used to buy!). Giger and Ridley Scott back together again, I think this might be the first sci-fi film in years I've actually been excited for, and the only other one I even liked in the last decade or so was Moon. It's nice to actually feel some excitement over a film again.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

As I understand it, Prometheus will have no aliens themselves in the movie. I saw a quote from Ridley Scott saying something to the effect of "that's already been done to death". Supposedly, certain elements of the movie will clearly tie in with Alien, but it won't be a direct prequel. Or something like that.

Anyways, I preferred the teaser to the full trailer.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

I just pray that they rebuild the damage to the franchise that those awful AvP movies did...
    Whoooo there; the rot set in quite a lot earlier than that!

Alien 3?

And Alien: Resurrection?

Seriously, one of those films was directed by David "Se7en/Fight Club" Fincher, and the other by Marc "City of Lost Children" Caro. WHY DID THEY SUCK SO BAD?!

Damnable producers making films for ignorant lowest-common denominator idiots... *grumble grumble*

Veteran-Sergeant

i remember reading somewhere that Prometheus is set in the same galaxy as the Alien films, the link [URL="http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Mala'kak#Appearances_in_film_and_media"]here [/URL]says something about it though I remember reading it somewhere else.
    Anyway, after looking at the trailer I can't wait for the film.

Scout

The cast is great I think, it does remind me of Alien though just on a bigger scale.

The last thing I read was that it had nothing to do with Alien at all! And that was from the Director.

That pissed me off slightly as I found the idea of an Alien prequal pretty exciting and was very dissapointed to find out it wasn't.

If it isn't then I think they've missed a huge oppotunity.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast