BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Tarkonis IV is hot! That's Eocene temperatures on that planet. oi! Without portable airconditioning units, humans (and many mammals) cannot live near the equator,

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Tarkonis IV is hot! That's Eocene temperatures on that planet. oi! Without portable airconditioning units, humans (and many mammals) cannot live near the equator,
    You mean my IG homeworld from other posts? I do explain that the equator is a deserted and everyone lives in the polar region which is still warm enough to have no ice

Brother-Captain

Good stuff man. Great speeder conversions. They look great.
    The militaristic colour scheme suits the models nicely and it's well executed. I like 'm a lot.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmbit View Post
    You mean my IG homeworld from other posts? I do explain that the equator is a deserted and everyone lives in the polar region which is still warm enough to have no ice
    yup. The eocene, even with its seasons had evergreen forests on antarctica (ie, didn't get light half the year). Crocodiles in Alaska.
    Even at high latitudes, it isn't exactly what you would call pleasant!

Gotta love IG worlds!

Chapter-Master

One of the coolest custom chapters I've seen, really excellent conversions.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Battle-Brother

Thanks for the kind words folks.

I'm currently painting 4 more bikes and the company captain so that I have a playable HQ/2 troops.

Afterward I have a master of the forge on bike, librarian, 5 man command squad and another 5 man squad all on bikes, 5 scouts and their speeder and a venerable MKIV rifleman dread.

So definately no lack of stuff to paint and seeing as how it seems to take me a month to paint a bike squad we'll see how this goes On the bright side I think I'll finish a majority of this stuff before entertaining my Crimson Fist company...

Battle-Brother

I'm in the middle of painting up my biker captain and a mail order came in with a new base I was going to use for Pedro Kantor. Problem was he was overwhelmed by the size of the base. I broke the biker captain off of his boring base and affixed him to this one and it's far more fitting of an HQ. I think I'm going to try and paint the pillar in marble to match a few tutorials I've seen so I hope it works. The bike is magnetized to the base so I can remove it for painting (and probably storage).

Rear image of bike [URL="http://theambit.blogspot.ca/2012/04/space-marine-jetbike-captain-pip.html"]here[/URL]

Battle-Brother

I watched a bunch of tutorial videos and scoured the internet for something that I liked and thought I could replicate. Here's the fruits of the evening's labour. It will still need a gloss varnish to really complete it but I think I'm content with it. I have to work on the slate a bit more but otherwise I think it will look good all buffed up.

To get the look I primed it black, layered on chaos black and then sponged charadon granite and adeptus battle grey. After that I drew lines with astronomicon grey very watered down so that it would thin itself. I touched it up with another thinner coat after followed by straight skull white.

I may have to thin a few of the lines again as some white is a bit thick.

Brother-Captain

Hah, that's a nice quickie conversion. Looks great, those engines suit it nicely.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmbit View Post
    Really not sure what this means but thanks to everyone
    If no one else pointed it out, that bit of classic mid 20th century art is titled "Nighthawks."
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast