BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

If anyone is interested I put up a 1000 point battle report with these guys against a tyranid army. It's proof that SM bikes CAN win in completely one sided fights!

[URL="http://theambit.blogspot.ca/2012/04/batrep-nids-vs-bike-army-1000-points.html"]Battle Report[/URL]

My captain and the squad I'm painting along with him is probably 80% done painting. Should be done next week so that I can start on another speeder and maybe a dreadnought.

Battle-Brother

As the tactics of the Nighthawks Chapter focus on lightning strikes and rapid redeployment, battlefield speed is of the utmost importance. Due to this universal truth, dreadnoughts do not have as prominent a role among the Chapter as they would among others of the Imperium. Dreadnoughts are even more rare among the Chapter and internment is considered the greatest honour. Only the brightest and most capable of battlefield minds receive this honour -although battle brothers oft consider it a curse. To be forever removed from the ability to ride into battle is a destiny that no true Nighthawk would long for. Despite this, those that prove their leadership abilities and strategic acumen over centuries of battle will inevitably fall and be interned inside a sarcophagus to provide their tactical expertise for centuries to come. It is said that no war council or campaign has been prosecuted in Nighthawk history without being overseen by a dreadnought of the Chapter.

Nighthawk dreadnoughts are typically armed with long range firepower and powerful auspex units so as to provide them with the ability to oversee engagements from afar so that they may provide intel and long range fire support and not be left behind and without use. It goes without saying that the redeployment of a dreadnought is not without its problems so they do not usually accompany a strike where a tactical withdrawal is a high probability. Instead they will provide the Chapter's limited siege capability in situations which demand it.

[url=http://theambit.blogspot.ca/2012/05/nighthawks-rifleman-dreadnought.html]More pictures here[/url]

Battle-Brother

Librarians within the Night Hawks chapter are as prevalent as in any other and are an important force in battling the enemies of the Imperium. The Librarius holds a place of special office in the Night Hawks chapter and its higher ranking members are often granted Mars-Pattern jetbikes. The librarians spend much of their time in deep meditation divining the ebb and flow of the warp to predict where the Night Hawks will be needed most. Aligning themselves as receptors to the wind of fate is not a process easily undone and many librarians are struck with painful visions while deployed. The battle brother will awake from a trance with strands of fate written within their tomes and no memory of the incident. It is common for librarians to display this journal of their visions at the forefront of their charge to battle to dispel any thoughts that they are anything but the drivers of their own fate.

More photos [url=http://theambit.blogspot.ca/2012/05/night-hawks-librarian-on-bike.html]here[/url]

Brother-Captain

Crazy bling on the dreadnought - I like it!
    Not sure about the extra-long leg conversion, but you've done a good job with it.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Scout

Default Speeder conversions great!

p e r s o n a l i t y
    - nice look - gritty feel - hats off to the grim dark

Veteran-Sergeant

I have to say, I really, really like your Land Speeders!! Has anyone commissioned you to make others?
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound2delta View Post
    I have to say, I really, really like your Land Speeders!! Has anyone commissioned you to make others?
    I'm not sure making models for others is ever really worth the time (as in I couldn't charge enough to make it worth it). I could probably sell bitz but I've never tried...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmbit View Post
    I'm not sure making models for others is ever really worth the time (as in I couldn't charge enough to make it worth it). I could probably sell bitz but I've never tried...
    Dude if you had the bits that would be needed to make a sweet land speeder buggy, I would so buy them from you.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Battle-Brother

The Night Hawks have become a chapter adept at protracted hit and run warfare. Although much of their motor pool has been altered from fragile aircraft to more robust ground vehicles over the millennia, the Storm Talon gunship has continued to be an essential part of a Night Hawk Strike Force. In a chapter with almost no battle tanks save for the rarest of relics, the storm talon gunship fills a pivitol role. True to their nature and allegiances with the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Night Hawks have begun trials on a variant of the Storm Talon more suited for their preferred theatre of combat. The elongated wingspan provides increased lift at the expense of low speed maneuverability. This design has allowed the engines to function more efficiently at speed resulting in a reduced fuel demand while maintaining VTOL capability. The combined reduction in space requirements and weight of the craft permitted the streamlining of the weapon mounts which further increased lift and reinforced the boons of the initial redesign.

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow this all great stuff. I love the dreadnought. What bits did you use to extend the legs? I don't play Marines, but my brother does, and I bought him a dreadnought for christmas. I'd love to know how you did it. Cheers on your chapter and BTW it has a totally awesome name.
    Check out my army! http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22717

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast