BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new army idea

Default new army idea

being that the necron book came out recently, and that a new Tau book may be on the horizon, and that I just finished the mass effect trilogy I had an idea for a new army. I was thinking of doing a dual tau necron army (using tau heads and necron bodies) to represent the Geth race from the mass effect series. Regular Geth would be fire warriors or necron warriors. The rocket soldiers would be Necron immortal or more fire warriors. The Geth Hunters would be death marks or stealth teams. The Geth Primes would be Lychguard/praetorians or battlesuits. The Geth armatures would be triarch stalkers or Tau vehicles. Any thoughts?

I like this idea (and may steal it - Sorry) but I think the Tau heads would need a bit of work to get that Geth look. Geth heads are long and slender where Tau are more rounded.

Now I do have some old metal pathfinders with Rail Rifles that have very long and somewhat more slender heads that with some conversion might do the trick. Just not sure where to find more heads like that.

Boy would i love a new army

Battle-Brother

Sounds like a pretty slick idea. Go for it!

shepard-commander approves.

Some friends and I were just talking about how to represent the Mass Effect world in 40k. I really like the sound of this.

I toyed with the idea of using kroot/tau SM scouts to make an army of Turians. Too many other projects on the go, but i may try it at some point in the future.

which codex would you use?

interesting concept

Quote Originally Posted by bubblehearthz View Post
    shepard-commander approves.
    Of course Legion would be the leader of this army (any good ideas for a model for Legion? I assume painting the N7 armor plates and modelling a hole through him would work.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1032 View Post
    which codex would you use?
    Both, basically I would use whichever army I felt more like playing.

Unfortunately this army will have to wait for me to finish my pre heresy/heresy era blood angels. I would love to see someone else's attempt at this as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast