BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Brother-Sergeant
    "He who sees his own doom can better avoid it's path. He who sees doom in others can deliver it

Default Ultimate Space Marine 3000 point Army List

OK so now i have a seemingly complete 3000 point army list. What do you think of this list? Any major strengths or weaknesses? Would you like to play with this army? Would you like or hate to oppose this army?

HQ 1: FORGEFATHER VULKAN HE'STAN

used with the following:

Terminator Assault squad with thunder hammers and storm shield. 2 marines with thunder claws.

Tech marine with servo harness, combi melta and thunder hammer plus Servitor unit

Land Raider Crusader with multi melta

(TACTICAL HINT: You can move 6" and fire both the Assault Cannons, Multi-Melta, and Hurricane Bolters, followed by
    an assault with Frag Grenades)

HQ 2:KOR'SARRO KHAN

Used with the following:

with Moondrakken

Command Squad (all on bikes, one upgraded to Company Champion, one upgraded to Company Standard Bearer with
    Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield), 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, Storm Shield, and Meltabombs), and another 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield).

(TACTICAL HINT: 9 Str 5 Power Weapons, 5 with the potential to cause Instant Death, 4 Str 5 attacks, and 9 Str 9
    Thunder Hammer attacks. But here's the best bit - Hit and Run. Do your dirty, break away, and do the same next turn) all over again

Tactical Squad 2x5 units Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer with Drop Pod

Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer with Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 2x5units: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Tactical Squad 2x5units: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Vindicator

Vindicator

Land Speeder x 2 units with Heavy Flamer and Multi Melta

TOTAL 2990
    Last edited by geneticdeviant; 09-20-2009 at 06:59 PM.

list can't be used with FoC, too many Land Speeder Storms.

Brother-Captain

All your tank busting comes from Vindicators and the Command Squad, you only have 1 Land Raider, a bunch of Land Speeder Storms, scouts within said Storms, and 1 Dread.

It's not very good at all.

3000 points of Vulkan loving?

Vulkan
    10 TH/SS Termies, dedicated LRC (MM, xa)
    2 Ironclads with meltas and heavy flamers, Drop Pods
    2 Tac Squads, MM, flamer, combi-melta, Rhino
    1 Tac Squad, MM, flamer, combi-melta, Drop Pod
    10 sniper scouts
    3 MM/HF Speeders
    2 Dakka Preds
    LRC w/ xa, smoke

295 points to spare

You've got 2 Raiders full of unhappy Termies (combat squad them), 2 AV13 stompy machines dropping on somebody's head turn 1, plenty of Troops to provide shielding, firepower, or just cap objectives, Dakka Preds to dish out anti-transport nukage, and 3 Speeders to either Deep Strike or rush around blowing stuff up.

With those last points you could add Khan or another HQ, or fit in a GKBC and retinue in their own LRC (you may have to drop something then :P

Brother-Sergeant
    "He who sees his own doom can better avoid it's path. He who sees doom in others can deliver it

Couple of questions: please excuse me I am after all new to all this.

When you combat squad is that combining two squads together with one sargeant, ie two units of 5 making a combat squad of 10 units including 1 sargeant?

Also what do you mean by "Dakka Predator", now i know a predator is a tank but..........? lol.

Brother-Sergeant

Personally i like the HQ setup I listed but are you saying i should with Vulkan, add a combat squad (ie two squads of 5) instead of just the one normal squad of terminators? Do i add the Techmarine too then? The combat squad of terminators will then travel in a land raider crusader?

Would a combat squad of terminators with Vulkan be bit overkill?

Brother-Sergeant

So if i kept the HQ setup as initially listed (both Vulkan and Khan) or went with combat squad also with Vulkan in addition. How then should i setup the rest of my 3000 point army?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by geneticdeviant View Post
    Your opinions and advice please guys:

used with the following:

Terminator Assault squad with thunder hammers and storm shield. 2 marines with thunder claws.

Tech marine with servo harness, combi melta and thunder hammer.

(TACTICAL HINT: You can move 6" and fire both the Assault Cannons, Multi-Melta, and Hurricane Bolters, followed by an assault with Frag Grenades)

HQ 2:KOR'SARRO KHAN

Used with the following:

with Moondrakken

Command Squad (all on bikes, one upgraded to Company Champion, one upgraded to Company Standard Bearer with
    Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield), 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, Storm Shield, and Meltabombs), and another 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield).

(TACTICAL HINT: 9 Str 5 Power Weapons, 5 with the potential to cause Instant Death, 4 Str 5 attacks, and 9 Str 9
    Thunder Hammer attacks. But here's the best bit - Hit and Run. Do your dirty, break away, and do the same next turn) all over again

Tactical Squad: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Rhino

Tactical Squad: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Rhino

Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Drop Pod

Assault Squad: Sargeants with Power Fist, one Marine with Flamer
    should i drop this?

Assault Squad: Sargeants with Power Fist, one Marine with Flamer
    should i drop this?

Scout Squad: Sargeants with Combi Melta, other Marines with Combat Blades with Landspeeder Storm with Heavy Flamer

Scout Squad: Sargeants with Combi Melta, other Marines with Combat Blades with Landspeeder Storm with Heavy Flamer

should i drop two of the scout squads? Do the remaining 2 squads need landspeeder storms

Vindicator

Vindicator

are the two vindicators needed?

TOTAL POINTS 2860 (140 Points left. Where should I invest these?)

What do you think of my army list
    What should i replace them with?

Brother-Captain

@chiken: Commanders can't take a transport, but his command squad could. Typhoons are pricey, and shelling out for 9 costs you 270 points. You can just 2 3 units of 2 (still plenty of firepower) and fit in 2 TLAC Dreads or Predators.

@ OP: Keep the TH/SS Termies, keep your big mean biker squad (LC+SS+MG, 1 TH+SS+MG), bring Tacticals, AC/HB Preds, TLAC Dreads, and if points allow MM/HF speeders.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    @chiken: Commanders can't take a transport, but his command squad could. Typhoons are pricey, and shelling out for 9 costs you 270 points. You can just 2 3 units of 2 (still plenty of firepower) and fit in 2 TLAC Dreads or Predators.

@ OP: Keep the TH/SS Termies, keep your big mean biker squad (LC+SS+MG, 1 TH+SS+MG), bring Tacticals, AC/HB Preds, TLAC Dreads, and if points allow MM/HF speeders.
    so in other words keep my hq setups, with the termies and biker squads. would you keep tech marine also?

Are you saying to basically swap out the rest of my army for tacticals with predators with auto cannon and heavy bolter, a couple of dreadnoughts with twin linked auto cannon (would you add drop pods to these?),

Did you mean to set up some more tacticals in speeders with multi melta and heavy flamer?

Would that literally be all you would do?
    Last edited by geneticdeviant; 09-19-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Default New amended army list

OK well based on advice and my interpretation of it heres my amended and updated army list. Please look over it and give any comments or advice on things to improve. Also where should i spend my remaining points?

used with the following:

Tech marine with servo harness, combi melta and thunder hammer.

(TACTICAL HINT: You can move 6" and fire both the Assault Cannons, Multi-Melta, and Hurricane Bolters, followed by an assault with Frag Grenades)

HQ 2:KOR'SARRO KHAN 160 POINTS

Used with the following:

with Moondrakken

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Rhino

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Rhino

Dreadnought with Twin Linked Assault Cannon with Drop Pod

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Landspeeder Storm with multi melta

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Landspeeder Storm with multi melta

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Predator with Auto Cannon and Heavy Bolter

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Predator with Auto Cannon and Heavy Bolter

Vindicator 115

Vindicator 115

TOTAL: 2505 POINTS

Where should i invest the rest of my points?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast