BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant
    "He who sees his own doom can better avoid it's path. He who sees doom in others can deliver it

Default Ultimate Space Marine 3000 point Army List

OK so now i have a seemingly complete 3000 point army list. What do you think of this list? Any major strengths or weaknesses? Would you like to play with this army? Would you like or hate to oppose this army?

HQ 1: FORGEFATHER VULKAN HE'STAN

used with the following:

Terminator Assault squad with thunder hammers and storm shield. 2 marines with thunder claws.

Tech marine with servo harness, combi melta and thunder hammer plus Servitor unit

Land Raider Crusader with multi melta

(TACTICAL HINT: You can move 6" and fire both the Assault Cannons, Multi-Melta, and Hurricane Bolters, followed by
    an assault with Frag Grenades)

HQ 2:KOR'SARRO KHAN

Used with the following:

with Moondrakken

Command Squad (all on bikes, one upgraded to Company Champion, one upgraded to Company Standard Bearer with
    Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield), 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, Storm Shield, and Meltabombs), and another 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield).

(TACTICAL HINT: 9 Str 5 Power Weapons, 5 with the potential to cause Instant Death, 4 Str 5 attacks, and 9 Str 9
    Thunder Hammer attacks. But here's the best bit - Hit and Run. Do your dirty, break away, and do the same next turn) all over again

Tactical Squad 2x5 units Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer with Drop Pod

Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer with Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 2x5units: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Tactical Squad 2x5units: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Vindicator

Vindicator

Land Speeder x 2 units with Heavy Flamer and Multi Melta

TOTAL 2990
    Last edited by geneticdeviant; 09-20-2009 at 06:59 PM.

list can't be used with FoC, too many Land Speeder Storms.

Brother-Captain

All your tank busting comes from Vindicators and the Command Squad, you only have 1 Land Raider, a bunch of Land Speeder Storms, scouts within said Storms, and 1 Dread.

It's not very good at all.

3000 points of Vulkan loving?

Vulkan
    10 TH/SS Termies, dedicated LRC (MM, xa)
    2 Ironclads with meltas and heavy flamers, Drop Pods
    2 Tac Squads, MM, flamer, combi-melta, Rhino
    1 Tac Squad, MM, flamer, combi-melta, Drop Pod
    10 sniper scouts
    3 MM/HF Speeders
    2 Dakka Preds
    LRC w/ xa, smoke

295 points to spare

You've got 2 Raiders full of unhappy Termies (combat squad them), 2 AV13 stompy machines dropping on somebody's head turn 1, plenty of Troops to provide shielding, firepower, or just cap objectives, Dakka Preds to dish out anti-transport nukage, and 3 Speeders to either Deep Strike or rush around blowing stuff up.

With those last points you could add Khan or another HQ, or fit in a GKBC and retinue in their own LRC (you may have to drop something then :P

Brother-Sergeant
    "He who sees his own doom can better avoid it's path. He who sees doom in others can deliver it

Couple of questions: please excuse me I am after all new to all this.

When you combat squad is that combining two squads together with one sargeant, ie two units of 5 making a combat squad of 10 units including 1 sargeant?

Also what do you mean by "Dakka Predator", now i know a predator is a tank but..........? lol.

Brother-Sergeant

Personally i like the HQ setup I listed but are you saying i should with Vulkan, add a combat squad (ie two squads of 5) instead of just the one normal squad of terminators? Do i add the Techmarine too then? The combat squad of terminators will then travel in a land raider crusader?

Would a combat squad of terminators with Vulkan be bit overkill?

Brother-Sergeant

So if i kept the HQ setup as initially listed (both Vulkan and Khan) or went with combat squad also with Vulkan in addition. How then should i setup the rest of my 3000 point army?

I have a very good 3kpt sally list...

HQ:
    Vulkan (In LR:R)
    Space marine commander with artificier armor, storm shield, master crafted relic blade, digital weapons (In LR:R)

Troops:
    3x tactical squads with flamer, MM, power fist, each in rhino's

Elites: 4x TH/SS and 1x LC terminator (in LR: R)
    1x Dread with MM, HF, EA
    1x Ironclad with HF, Drop Pod

Heavy Support:
    1x Pred with twin lascannon
    2x Vindi with dozer blade
    1x LR:R with ea and MM (transport)

Fast Attack
    3x Squadrons of 3 land Speeder with Typhoon launcher. One in each squad replaces heavy bolter with MM.
    Yes, thats 18 missiles:-p

total: 3kpts

No, its not fluffy since it fields landspeeders and Nocturne has high grav. very killey however. 8 MM, 1 meltagun (on the ironclad), 2 heavy flamer, 3 flamers, 4 TH, all using vulkans goodness, plus 18 frag or krak missiles, 2 vindicator ordinance blasts, 2 flamestorm templates, and a single twinlinked las shot for pegging low priority transports or for handling monoliths/chaos landraiders that are keeping range from your melta. Its honestly a punishing amount of firepower first and second turn.
    Last edited by Fowlplaychiken; 09-19-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

great looking list there fowlplaychicken lol,

Do you find with objective type games you lack in troop numbers?

Brother-Captain

Combat Squads means 10 man squads can split into 2 5 man squads, so 5 in each LRC (I pick the LRC over the LRR for its superior firepower ar range).

Khan and Co. can do a lot of damage, but they suck up a ton of points. 2 LRCs full of Termies and an uber Biker squad is mighty appealing though, just make sure you have the means to knock enemies out of their transports (TLAC Dreads and Dakka Preds, AC and HB).

Fowplaychiken has an illegal list, Commanders can't take transports and master crafting isn't an option. Beyond that, it's not the best out there. Typhoons are neat, but more than 2 in a squadron is overkill. 2 big mean units of Termies backed up by Typhoons would be nice, as would some melta to pop AV14. TLLC Preds are overcosted and ineffective.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Combat Squads means 10 man squads can split into 2 5 man squads, so 5 in each LRC (I pick the LRC over the LRR for its superior firepower ar range).

Khan and Co. can do a lot of damage, but they suck up a ton of points. 2 LRCs full of Termies and an uber Biker squad is mighty appealing though, just make sure you have the means to knock enemies out of their transports (TLAC Dreads and Dakka Preds, AC and HB).

Fowplaychiken has an illegal list, Commanders can't take transports and master crafting isn't an option. Beyond that, it's not the best out there. Typhoons are neat, but more than 2 in a squadron is overkill. 2 big mean units of Termies backed up by Typhoons would be nice, as would some melta to pop AV14. TLLC Preds are overcosted and ineffective.
    Dakka Preds? what are they? I know predators are tanks but..............? lol

Also Typhoons? Do you mean Whirlwind tanks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast