BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sorry, mistyped the master crafted. But yes, my commander can be in a transport:-d he and vulkan ride with the TH/SS termis. Thats a stylish command squad:-D Termi squad can take 1 LR as a transport option. Nothing illegal there.

As for the speeders, Theres no such thing as overkill:-d He wanted an ultimate killey list. every list can benefit from 18 frag or krak missiles and 3 twin linked multi melta (vulkan ftw) :-D Best part is mobility. can move 6 and fire their heavy bolters and MM too (18 heavy bolter shots and 3 MM shots in addition to the 18 missiles) or move 12 and still fire missiles (or MM).

For the OP, what he means by typhoons are landspeeder with typhoon missile launchers.

as for the other question, yea, with 3 troop squads you can only cap 3 objectives. However:

1) Noone bothers shooting the troops because there are 10 things much more deadly to be dealt with
    2) this list generally tables most enemies, or leaves them in no condition to contest objectives.
    The dreads, tanks, termi's, and typhoons provide plenty of cover for those 3 rhino to snag objectives. Any opponent who concentrates all fire on the troops and ignores the rest of the army will be tabled. Any opponent who concentrates on the more important stuff to shoot will be forced to ignore the 3 tac squads.
    Last edited by Fowlplaychiken; 09-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Brother-Sergeant
    "He who sees his own doom can better avoid it's path. He who sees doom in others can deliver it

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Combat Squads means 10 man squads can split into 2 5 man squads, so 5 in each LRC (I pick the LRC over the LRR for its superior firepower ar range).

Khan and Co. can do a lot of damage, but they suck up a ton of points. 2 LRCs full of Termies and an uber Biker squad is mighty appealing though, just make sure you have the means to knock enemies out of their transports (TLAC Dreads and Dakka Preds, AC and HB).

Fowplaychiken has an illegal list, Commanders can't take transports and master crafting isn't an option. Beyond that, it's not the best out there. Typhoons are neat, but more than 2 in a squadron is overkill. 2 big mean units of Termies backed up by Typhoons would be nice, as would some melta to pop AV14. TLLC Preds are overcosted and ineffective.
    So keeping my list as it is, you recommend the following right?

1. Swap the two Assault Squads for 2 terminator squads with 2 cyclone missile launchers with Land Raider Crusaders with multi melta.

2. Try to fit in an Uber Biker Squad. (How would you equip them? and which biker squad?)

3. Dreadnought with Twin Linked Auto Cannon.

4. Predator with Heavy Bolter and Auto Cannon

5. What should i drop to make up enough remaining points for the above?

Should i take out two Scout Squads with Landspeeder Storms, or should i take out all the Landspeeder Storms?

6. Do i need to keep the two Vindicators?
    Last edited by geneticdeviant; 09-19-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Brother-Sergeant
    "He who sees his own doom can better avoid it's path. He who sees doom in others can deliver it

Quote Originally Posted by geneticdeviant View Post
    Your opinions and advice please guys:

HQ 1: FORGEFATHER VULKAN HE'STAN

used with the following:

Terminator Assault squad with thunder hammers and storm shield. 2 marines with thunder claws.

Tech marine with servo harness, combi melta and thunder hammer.

Land Raider Crusader with multi melta

(TACTICAL HINT: You can move 6" and fire both the Assault Cannons, Multi-Melta, and Hurricane Bolters, followed by an assault with Frag Grenades)

HQ 2:KOR'SARRO KHAN

Used with the following:

with Moondrakken

Command Squad (all on bikes, one upgraded to Company Champion, one upgraded to Company Standard Bearer with
    Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield), 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, Storm Shield, and Meltabombs), and another 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield).

(TACTICAL HINT: 9 Str 5 Power Weapons, 5 with the potential to cause Instant Death, 4 Str 5 attacks, and 9 Str 9
    Thunder Hammer attacks. But here's the best bit - Hit and Run. Do your dirty, break away, and do the same next turn) all over again

Tactical Squad: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Rhino

Tactical Squad: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Rhino

Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Drop Pod

Assault Squad: Sargeants with Power Fist, one Marine with Flamer
    should i drop this?

Assault Squad: Sargeants with Power Fist, one Marine with Flamer
    should i drop this?

Scout Squad: Sargeants with Combi Melta, other Marines with Combat Blades with Landspeeder Storm with Heavy Flamer

Scout Squad: Sargeants with Combi Melta, other Marines with Combat Blades with Landspeeder Storm with Heavy Flamer

should i drop two of the scout squads? Do the remaining 2 squads need landspeeder storms

Vindicator

Vindicator

are the two vindicators needed?

TOTAL POINTS 2860 (140 Points left. Where should I invest these?)

What do you think of my army list
    What should i replace them with?

Brother-Captain

@chiken: Commanders can't take a transport, but his command squad could. Typhoons are pricey, and shelling out for 9 costs you 270 points. You can just 2 3 units of 2 (still plenty of firepower) and fit in 2 TLAC Dreads or Predators.

@ OP: Keep the TH/SS Termies, keep your big mean biker squad (LC+SS+MG, 1 TH+SS+MG), bring Tacticals, AC/HB Preds, TLAC Dreads, and if points allow MM/HF speeders.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    @chiken: Commanders can't take a transport, but his command squad could. Typhoons are pricey, and shelling out for 9 costs you 270 points. You can just 2 3 units of 2 (still plenty of firepower) and fit in 2 TLAC Dreads or Predators.

@ OP: Keep the TH/SS Termies, keep your big mean biker squad (LC+SS+MG, 1 TH+SS+MG), bring Tacticals, AC/HB Preds, TLAC Dreads, and if points allow MM/HF speeders.
    so in other words keep my hq setups, with the termies and biker squads. would you keep tech marine also?

Are you saying to basically swap out the rest of my army for tacticals with predators with auto cannon and heavy bolter, a couple of dreadnoughts with twin linked auto cannon (would you add drop pods to these?),

Did you mean to set up some more tacticals in speeders with multi melta and heavy flamer?

Would that literally be all you would do?
    Last edited by geneticdeviant; 09-19-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Default New amended army list

OK well based on advice and my interpretation of it heres my amended and updated army list. Please look over it and give any comments or advice on things to improve. Also where should i spend my remaining points?

used with the following:

Terminator Assault squad with thunder hammers and storm shield. 2 marines with thunder claws.

Tech marine with servo harness, combi melta and thunder hammer.

(TACTICAL HINT: You can move 6" and fire both the Assault Cannons, Multi-Melta, and Hurricane Bolters, followed by an assault with Frag Grenades)

HQ 2:KOR'SARRO KHAN 160 POINTS

Used with the following:

with Moondrakken

Command Squad (all on bikes, one upgraded to Company Champion, one upgraded to Company Standard Bearer with
    Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield), 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, Storm Shield, and Meltabombs), and another 1 Veteran (with Thunder Hammer, Meltagun, and Storm Shield).

(TACTICAL HINT: 9 Str 5 Power Weapons, 5 with the potential to cause Instant Death, 4 Str 5 attacks, and 9 Str 9
    Thunder Hammer attacks. But here's the best bit - Hit and Run. Do your dirty, break away, and do the same next turn) all over again

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Rhino

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Rhino

Dreadnought with Twin Linked Assault Cannon with Drop Pod

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Landspeeder Storm with multi melta

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Landspeeder Storm with multi melta

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Predator with Auto Cannon and Heavy Bolter

Tactical Squad: Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist - In Predator with Auto Cannon and Heavy Bolter

Vindicator 115

Vindicator 115

TOTAL: 2505 POINTS

Where should i invest the rest of my points?

Brother-Sergeant

Pleease give your views on my amended list, wanna go and get the units i need in next couple of days to build this army. need to know what i'm getting lol

Brother-Sergeant

Completed army list edited on first post of this thread:

here it is again:

OK so now i have a seemingly complete 3000 point army list. What do you think of this list? Any major strengths or weaknesses? Would you like to play with this army? Would you like or hate to oppose this army?

used with the following:

Tech marine with servo harness, combi melta and thunder hammer plus Servitor unit

(TACTICAL HINT: You can move 6" and fire both the Assault Cannons, Multi-Melta, and Hurricane Bolters, followed by
    an assault with Frag Grenades)

HQ 2:KOR'SARRO KHAN

Used with the following:

with Moondrakken

Tactical Squad 2x5 units Sargeant with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer with Drop Pod

Dreadnought with Multi Melta and Heavy Flamer with Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 2x5units: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Tactical Squad 2x5units: Sargeants with Combi Flamer and Power Fist, rest with Multi Melta and Flamer - In Rhino

Vindicator

Vindicator

Land Speeder x 2 units with Heavy Flamer and Multi Melta

TOTAL 2990

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12