BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Kinda. I've wanted to run Nids and might build a genestealer/Swarmlord list with the new kit. Really, though, it's waiting for 6th Ed to see if Nids get a boost from their struggles.

I never lost the passion for Nids and doubt if I ever will. The new models are gorgeous. I think the size of the Tervigon/Tyrannofex is appropriate. If cover is an issue roll out some Venomthropes.

Chaplain

I love my Tyranids, they are my first and largest army. The new models did get my mojo going again. God I love the new Tyrant kit, I was more excited about that then the Tervigon kit haha. Also got going on my scheme touch up project... its gonna take a while but it breathed the life back into my fleet.

Those Boneswards and Lashwhips for the warriors though... wtf at the price... like really *facepalm*

Game wise, I don't give a crap anymore. Tournament level play just shows how GW cant ballance their bloody game, thanks codex creep. All the armies I play are considered subpar codexes, well, maybe Orks are up there as decent. I do ok with my Tyranids, but man my games always feel like uphill struggles.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Turkadactyl View Post
    If cover is an issue roll out some Venomthropes.
    I second that on the venomthropes. I have one that goes in my list and hides behind monstrous creatures. It's actually rare for him to get shot even.

I was days away (tomorrow actually) from buying my friend's Nids army from him. He had lost interest in the game, as he has no skills at conversions and the models he felt he needed to win didn't exist. He's really not too deep into the modelling/painting to be fair. But now, there's no way he'll let these pass to me, and now I have a Nids hunger. That Tervigon is disgusting in the most fantastic way.

Scout

The new releases for nids were very under whelming

The tervigon looks pretty good but a year to late for me since i already made mine and dont need 2 more 50 dollar models. The hive tyrant with wings should have been done years ago and since they now are super expensive to add wings to just seem like a waste.

but over all they look decent haha

The new tyrant certainly renewed my nid hunger. I picked one up yesterday at my FLGS (I have never owned a Tyrant before so it benefited me) and the kit is just so awesome. A little pricey for a two sprue model but I love the pose and turned him into a Flyrant. I plan on grabbing one official tervigon and continuing to use my old converted one.

I'm not sure if the models renewed the love that I had for my Tyranids before this book, but it certainly helped make me want to field them again.

Librarian

I don't think my passion for nids changed at all, just excited I finally got those kits. I am still waiting on my bonesword/lashwhip kit though, as my game shop is having trouble getting it. It is for my tyrant guard so its not a big deal. I love my nids though so nothing can make that passion go away or get stronger, nids are teh best. NOMNOMNOM
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Nids were my second army and one of my favorites but, this release didn't do anything for me towards getting them off the shelf. While I love the size of the Tervigon (no more of the ridiculously small conversions based on Carnys), aesthetically I'm under-whelmed. I think the conversions based on a combination of Trygon and Arachnarok are a far better choice and are almost as large.
    1. There are female marines and my Sunhawks will explain it to you.
    2. We are the Emperor's Children and we WILL redeem our honor.

Started off with teh nids when i was a kid.

Cool to see how models have evolved, and though i don't play them that often anymore, i must say, that Winged Hive Tyrant and Tyrannofex do seem tempting.. I'll see what i might do after getting the DAs ready before the next codex.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast