BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Legion Berzerkers

Just thought I would post what I have been working on lately. I really dislike the standard KB head, also some people dont like the non traditional paint scheme I used but I like it. They will all be going on the skull field bases from secret weapon miniatures at some point. The skull champ and the last three are about done just need to do some touch ups and I'll post them, as for transfers I just bought some micro set/sol and will be using them when I'm all finished. Some people have suggested gore and different heads but I find chaos in uniformity...to each there own.

Battle-Brother

These look very nice. I'm a purist, and I think that Bezerkers should be in Khorne's Kolors, but as I said these look very nice. I agree with you on the gore issue. I think it can be overdone and look tacky. I stay away from the gore as well. The Skull base will make these snap.
    Good Job....Blood For The Blood God!

Brother-Sergeant

Nicely done. they look very clean
    Shiner me!

You know, Forge World has some VERY excellent pieces for making your Khorne Berzerkers look a bit nicer. Some heads and chain axes. Cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorechilde View Post
    These look very nice. I'm a purist, and I think that Bezerkers should be in Khorne's Kolors
    To be fair so am I, here is a line from the chaos dex."...many *******ized practices of lobotomisation have spread to other Chaos Space Marine forces...Abaddon and his Black Legion in particular have recruited a number of highly skilled Berzerker-Surgeons to their cause...." (pg 36) and "He [Abaddon] ordered his remaining Chaos Space Marines to repaint their armor black in eternal memory of their shame...Champions of many Legions and gods now vie to fight for Abaddon in the colours of the Black Legion."(pg 22).

Edit- Thanks btw for the compliments.
    Last edited by DeathsHead; 03-21-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by DeathsHead View Post
    To be fair so am I, here is a line from the chaos dex."...many *******ized practices of lobotomisation have spread to other Chaos Space Marine forces...Abaddon and his Black Legion in particular have recruited a number of highly skilled Berzerker-Surgeons to their cause...." (pg 36) and "He [Abaddon] ordered his remaining Chaos Space Marines to repaint their armor black in eternal memory of their shame...Champions of many Legions and gods now vie to fight for Abaddon in the colours of the Black Legion."(pg 22).

Edit- Thanks btw for the compliments.

Great color scheme! It's nice to see something other that the usual uniform. I would be inclined to put a little bit more red on the models, the red helm idea was always nice. Theres a quote I think is worth mentioning from White Dwarf 332:

"Your identifying color doesn't have to be on the same place on all the models in a squad," says Neil "It's quite feasible that, as long as the Chaos Space Marine is bearing the warbands insignia- say something like a yellow eye symbol- then it does not matter where it appears on the armor."

Essentially the article is talking about the the sort of diversity and lack of uniformity that can happen to Marines that are 10,000+ years old. You don't always have to beholden yourself to writing, they are your models after all.

Well done!

Thanks! Going to do something a little different for the skull champ, not going to use the same head for one, and going to try my hand at a mutated power fist (a little worried on this one).

Im loving the models, good work

Chapter-Master

Great work mate. very obviously khorne bezerkers, without being too over the top. Would love to see them once they are on their proper bases
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

the gold seems to be too bright but it looks like a nice and clean work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast