BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default New Dark Eldar Army

I have just started a Dark Eldar Army so far I have two ten man warror squads and one raider, I am about to buy another raider after I get my next pay check. What should I buy next? I have been thinking wyches or hellions

Brother-Sergeant

After the 2nd raider?

Need an HQ, if you don't have one already. Go for an archon and 1 or 2 hermocules for now. Lots of good choices so start simple.

After that, get 1-2 ravagers
    Then start building up additional units with a few Venoms and guys to go in them.
    Please visit my 40k Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Da40kOrks

wyches are definitely a good option, but as said above, you need an HQ first. An archon is a great option for HQ, cheap, customisable, and efficient. Or you could go with a special character which opens up a lot of different options for the rest of your army.

Battle-Brother

what should I mount in the venoms once I get them?

Brother-Sergeant

I'd go for a unit of Wyches in a Raider. Get the bulk of your army sorted and then you can enjoy working on the more interesting units.

The popular choice is to add squads Trueborn with Blasters in the Venoms.

I know it's not going to sound exciting, but I'd suggest getting another box of Warriors to go with the 2nd Raider.

That's two troop choices taken care of. Then go for an HQ.

What'd be even better would be for you to save up for a Battleforce. Then you'd be set for a good while.

That all depends on what kind of army you're going for I guess...

I'm building a DE air force list myself. Everyone is in Venoms, on Bikes / Skyboards, or flying a Jet.
    Ravagers are a really popular choice but I have a feeling that'll change with 6th ed and flyer rules.... just a hunch.

Building up a core of Raiders and Warriors isn't a bad idea. Most everything else will depend greatly on what you intend for the final army list to look like. Ravagers are usually can't miss. Even with the rumored boost to fliers, they are an excellent value pick for how much you pay.

Veteran-Sergeant

Save up a little more and buy a Battleforce. It will give you more troops, some fast attack and another transport. Add an HQ or two and play with it to see what you need to add as you progress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast