BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sitting on the 40K Fence

Hey guys, I've found myself sitting on the fence with regards to Warhammer 40K lately.

I've sold off pretty much everything because I haven't been happy with my armies or their place in the game.
    Been playing loads of Super Dungeon Explore and painting a High Elf army for fantasy. Generally I've been a whole lot happier in the hobby since.

Was wondering if anyone else is feeling the same and if you're eagerly awaiting for 6th edition to somehow fix everything.

Chapter-Master

I'm much in the same place - compounded by the fact that my LGS is in the process of relocating since December...

I'm anxiously awaiting 6th to see if it injects some life into my 40k gaming. In the meantime, I have other hobbies to occupy my time.

I just started WFB not to long ago due to 40k becoming a little stale. It's still good fun every now and then, but I'll admit it's nice to mix it up.

I'm cautiously optimistic of 6th edition, with any luck it might make the local 40k crowd a little more active again! ^_^

I'm in a similar place. I have a Tau and a Nid army and as both armys are kind of in the crapper at the moment, I've lost interest in 40k. I tried WM/H, wasn't my bag. Thinking of starting a MEQ army to see if it sparks my interest again.

I completely agree, I have my templars and dark eldar, both of which I only started withing the last year or so but I can hardly even get up to painting them these days.

Brother-Sergeant

I also began to feel that way about a year and a half ago for much the same reasons as you, OP. I wasn't happy with how 5th ed was panning out, and didn't like the 5th ed codices (as I termed them, the "no-fun zone" armies). The marine saturation began to get to me, and the Ork codex update from 4th left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. So I stopped playing 40k, finished my last project for it, and then began working on non-GW stuff. I got into other non-GW games and my hobby enjoyment is at an all-time high again.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez View Post
    I'm in a similar place. I have a Tau and a Nid army and as both armys are kind of in the crapper at the moment, I've lost interest in 40k. I tried WM/H, wasn't my bag. Thinking of starting a MEQ army to see if it sparks my interest again.
    Sure they're not Top-Tier Codexes by any means, but that doesn't mean you can't play. If anything, get them painted and make your opponent quake in their stinky, untied, falling-apart shoes by the mere sight of them!

We all know that painted models fight better than unpainted ones!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Battle-Brother

I'm on the fence right now. I'm quietly opptimistic about sixth edition. Im helping a friend try to find a army hes happy with. It has sparked my modeling side. Im building a multi level city of death board using 2x2 mdf to make it modular. Its going tio have four different levels. Most of the buildings will start four inches high, leaving a six inch wide series of alleys. There will be bridges over these alleys to connect the main levels. There is going to be many levels and bridges from different buildings ending with top floor landing pads. I want to make the battle field more 3 dimensional. See im getting my passion back.

Brother-Captain

I'm not on the fence. I still love 40K, and I'm looking forward to 6th Ed. 5th was a definite improvement over 4th, but it still had some problems. I hope 6th fixes some of those, but I never thought the game was "broken" or unplayable.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Librarian

I don't really play 40K for the game (it's fun, but I'd rather be on the Xbox or tabletop roleplaying). I love the painting and modelling, and 40K models are the ones I like the best - I may get tired of them in a bit when I run out of armies to collect and paint up, but that's at least a decade away, so it's not happening any time soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast