BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Honestly I'm one of those guys who loves 40k. That said, I know where you are coming from. Everyone has different tastes.

Just because it's the most popular and well to do game out there doesn't mean you have to like it. I suggest gathering some friends and seeing if you can get into another game.

Veteran-Sergeant

There is certainly no shortage of good tabletop wargames out there. Try some of them to tide you over until 6th Edition WH40K arrives.

There's a lot of 40K lethargy right now. This is typical at the end of an edition, but I think it's compounded by the state of the game. The "Marines in Boxes" edition that is 5th is, honestly, boring. The fact that EVERY Xenos codex is inferior to EVERY Marine codex is, to say the least, disappointing and creates redundant, stale games where you see a thousand Rhino chassis game after game. I'm hopeful 6th fixes this (somehow) or else it could really jeopardize the health of the game and the community.

Same here. I love my Space Wolves for painting and modelling, but for Game play against some of my local power players, it's gotten pretty miserable. I gave Warmahordes a go, and I'm digging it. It's apples to oranges in comparison, but at least it gives me a chance to step away for a bit and see what happens with 40k.

Haven't played since 2nd Ed after they dumbed the rules down for children so badly.

Still collect cos I love the 40K fluff and quality of the sculpts, but typically play with other company's rules as they are better imo.

Librarian

The fact that EVERY Xenos codex is inferior to EVERY Marine codex is, to say the least, disappointin
    Umm... Hyperbole much?

In response, I bid Dark Eldar (highly competitive, multiple-build army with some very powerful units) as well as Necrons (many complex, highly efficient, and survivable units).

Both armies are undeniably higher-skill to use than Marines... but hasn't that always been the point of Xenos?

There's a lot of 40K lethargy right now.
    Because there have been very few releases for 40K relative to Fantasy throughout 2011? GK and Necrons, and a couple of late releases for SW and 'Nids. NOTHING else of value in fifteen months! Compare that to the sheer colume of stuff released to Fantasy (several armies, numerousl large, impressive kits, as well as a massive hard-backed uber-tome of gamey fun in Storm Of Magic).

Yup, it's been a dry year or so for 40K.

I was feeling a bit burnt out on 40k but it had less to do with the rules and more my armies. I grew tired of my Space Sharks, my tyranids are in a very bad place along with my Sisters of Battle and my new Ork Army grew boring quickly. However playing with guys who just play for fun, along with the new Hive tyrant kit has me feeling it a lot more again. I want to almost exclusively work on my tyranids and build a list that includes my favorite old Carnifex.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nrthstar View Post
    Same here. I love my Space Wolves for painting and modelling, but for Game play against some of my local power players, it's gotten pretty miserable. I gave Warmahordes a go, and I'm digging it. It's apples to oranges in comparison, but at least it gives me a chance to step away for a bit and see what happens with 40k.
    Space Wolves are miserable? As a Nid player, I don't feel your pain.

Seriously though, I'm playing more 40k than ever, but I probably still play way less than most players and I think that helps to keep the game from getting old.

I'm at the point that I'm done with 5th edition. Every game is literally draining and gets me tired. I love 40k however 6th edition is going to be the make it or break it for me. Till then I've been playing warmahordes. Honestly I hope 6th revitalizes my love for 40k...however the rate of negative change in GW has made me think otherwise and not be overly optimistic.

Not on the fence but still passionately anticipating v6. I believe the leaked ruleset is an early draft version of the real ruleset and I'm geeked as hell with how well these rules will go over. I know there'll be changes from this draft but it'll be leagues better than v5.
    1. There are female marines and my Sunhawks will explain it to you.
    2. We are the Emperor's Children and we WILL redeem our honor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast