BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this true?

Chapter-Master

Default Is this true?

Just saw this, and wondered how accurate it was?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny-graphs-its-all-too-damn-high.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	1764
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 03-23-2012 at 05:00 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Probably.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who wastes a lot of time on memebase....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

laptop on the workbench does wonders for productivity.....though tbh I've done far too much work already this week...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

First-Captain

It all depends on location.

For example, a studio apartment in the lakeview part of Chicago will run you about $800/month for maybe a 400 sq foot apt. Min wage is $8.25/hour in IL.

However, in the state's capital, the same apt might run you $400/month or less.

Average apartment rates in my area are about $800-$1,000 for a 1-2 bedroom depending on location and amenities.

Edit: After projected taxes, a minimum wage worker will clear about $260.00/week. Or, in other words...they'll most likely need a roommate.
    Last edited by scadugenga; 03-23-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Brother-Captain

I would believe it. Of course, the whole notion of a 40 hour work week is somewhat antiquated. In my industry, working only 40 hours a week is the surest way to get fired. I'd say the average work week in the US is probably closer to 55 hours.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

[url]http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2011/10/03/the-effect-of-the-minimum-wage-on-youth-unemployment/[/url]
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Looks true in Ohio.

With those numbers figuring around $400 net a paycheck (bi-weekly) and a 2 bedroom in a "normal" area going for around $600-700 not including utilities, you're looking at your rent being ~80% of your monthly gross.

Sounds like Ramen Noodle time.

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

Having lived in New York on the one extreme and Arkansas on the other I can vouch for it being true.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    I would believe it. Of course, the whole notion of a 40 hour work week is somewhat antiquated. In my industry, working only 40 hours a week is the surest way to get fired. I'd say the average work week in the US is probably closer to 55 hours.
    Depends on the position.

The Department of Labor reclassified my career path as "Salaried, non-exempt" meaning that if I work over 40 hours in a week, they have to pay me overtime.

Thus...no one works over 40 hours a week. They don't want to pay the overtime.

Where it really paid off was when I was activated for Catastrophe Response duty. 14-16 hour days, having to pay overtime, plus meals (no receipts required) and a daily per diem on top of that.

Made for some serious bank.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    [url]http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2011/10/03/the-effect-of-the-minimum-wage-on-youth-unemployment/[/url]
    No wonder our economy is failing. We have morons who cannot use syntax or grammar correctly reporting the financial news for notable companies giving him an air of legitimacy. I got two paragraphs in to this article and stopped because of the lack of proper punctuation.

Edit: I did read the last paragraph before closing the window. Another bad series of sentences, but as a response, some parts of the US do offer alternative minimum wages for youth. In Florida, for the first 90 days of employment, as of 2006 at least, someone 16 or under could expect to be paid less than minimum wage as a "training" wage. Although, I never encountered an employer who took advantage of that.
    Last edited by lobster-overlord; 03-24-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast