BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Forgeworld will be opening a U.S. warehouse!?

A friend of mine, whose parents live in Balitmore, makes regular trips to the city to visit them. While he's there, he always takes down orders from everyone around here so when he visits he can buy stuff from the Forgeworld counter at the Baltimore battle bunker. This year, before he went, he called the battle bunker and asked them if they have any of the new ork stuff in stock.

The Bunker employee told him that he was sorry, but they had to pull all their forgeworld product from the store because Forgeworld will be setting up a new warehouse in the US. And appearently they want to sell exclusively out of this warehouse.

I have total faith in my friend who travels to balitmore. Hes got no interest in starting rumors, etc. But how could a massive move like this on forgeworlds part go unnoticed?

One things for sure, i'll be holding back on my forgeworld purchases until i here more about this. I dont feel like spending 12% on shipping and waiting 6 weeks for my product...

Chapter-Master

That would be amazing!

Yeah, they have to wait for their new generation of chinese-made stuff to arrive. I'm extremely wary of this whole development. While I've heard reports that Forgeworld's quality has improved, this is quite a shake-up.

You should have asked to see if they were hiring for this new warehouse. That might have given a better idea of where it's based, if it's real, how large it would be, etc.

(BTW: Where is it and are they hiring?)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Brother-Sergeant

If this ends up being true, I'll be as giddy as a little school girl!

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    You should have asked to see if they were hiring for this new warehouse. That might have given a better idea of where it's based, if it's real, how large it would be, etc.

(BTW: Where is it and are they hiring?)
    I wasnt the one doing the asking, unfortunately. However, I'm tempted to give them a call tomorrow myself and see whats really going on.

As for the whole "hiring" thing....It beats me. But somehow i get the feeling that they wont really offer any employee discounts

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincycle661 View Post

As for the whole "hiring" thing....It beats me. But somehow i get the feeling that they wont really offer any employee discounts
    Well, I need a job, but if it's in the Baltimore area my sister moved out there last year and she could use a job. She's not a gamer, which is something that some game warehouses actually look for in their employees (I'm looking at you Alliance Games!)

(and if she got a job, I could get discounts via her. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Veteran-Sergeant

Was there not originally a Forgeworld in the US? I thinking a way back here now when they flicked Amourcast?

Chaplain

Holy crap! That's awesome.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

The Dark Mechanic

Here's what I know on this topic based on my conversations with people at the Maryland HQ/Battle Bunker during the summer:

1) It's true, US Battle Bunkers no longer stock Forge World. They do, however, allow you to order it and have it delivered to the Battle Bunker free of shipping charges. Obviously, state sales tax is charged as applicable.

2) There has been a lot of talk about what system would replace the old system of buying Forge World over the counter at Battle Bunkers. A lot of options were discussed. The idea of having a central distribution point within the US for Forge World is one that I have also heard before. However, I have not heard of a final decision on how it would be purchased by and distributed to customers. One idea I heard is that it could be stocked in Bunkers again with a US warehouse from which to draw. Another is that it could be ordered from an "order point" within any US store like the Direct Order stations there now. I have not heard of a final decision on any of this at this time.

3) The "Forgeworld US" mentioned above by someone else was a non-GW company with a GW license just like Armorcast. That was many years ago. They were not affiliated with Games Workshop nor do they bear any relation to the current Forge World that is a GW company.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast