BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GK Progenitor

Scout
    Here and There within Europe, currently Germany

I always wandered who were the "firsts eight", my guess was one of each of the traitor legions (many survivors of Isvaan, and why not traitors to the traitors of the drop massacre?). That is one legion left, maybe to corrupted.

Chaplain

So, I think if there are two empty spot we need to think "what powers do the Grey Knights have that are not accounted for". Whilst Rubio provides some Psychic ability I think we are still lacking. As much as I would love Mhotep from Battle for the Abyss to be in a dreadnought and be a founder, he snot incorruptible.

However, a thousand son could be on the cards. Or a librarian from any other chapter.

What I would like the most though is that the Emperor kept one of each loyalists from the two deleted/lost chapters- one chapter we know is very psychically competent.

However there is nothing stopping loyal chapters not joining. A Raven Guard who was against Corax's dabbling in science maybe? Certainly fits with the Teleporter needs.

The other 'need' could be a Techmarine.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Thornblood View Post
    The other 'need' could be a Techmarine.
    Perhaps one that did not get enthralled in the Machine Cult, and who is still phanatically loyal to the Emperor alone?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdeath3 View Post
    If you read "Battle for the Abyss" you would know that there were loyalist elements in every legion. So the GK fluff says that there are 8 space marines who were chosen by Malcador to start this new organization. This fits the fluff as there are 8 Grey Knight Grand Masters. We know of Garro, Qruze, Rubio, Varren, Loken, and "Janus". We know little to nothing about Janus other than that he was the first Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights. This leaves 2 open seats. Seeing as most of the first grand masters were mostly from traitor legion, I would think 1 of 2 would be from a traitor legion. Seeing as the grey knights are potent psykers this leads me to think that at least one of them is a Thousand Sons psyker. I'm guessing we probably met this character before. This leaves Saul Tarvitz as a viable option. The only legion which I don't think would have a candidate for the founding grey knights is the Word Bearers.
    Janus is one of the original 8, but not an extra. He's most likely one of the 5 we presently know.

I'm down with Tarvitz, but is he even still alive?

www.queencityguard.com

Sorry Thornblood, but battle of the abyss made it clear that Mhotep was dead. Even if he did manage to survive, I find it highly unlikely that the anyone would find him in time and inter him in a dreadnought...

In Roman Mythology, Janus was a two-faced god who looks forward and backward in time. In my opinion this would be a psyker gifted in precognition or some sort of ability which allows them to view events of the past, present and future. A lot of the thousand sons psykers were gifted precogs, so a new thousand sons character to be Janus wouldn't be impossible. Rubio doesn't seem to display precognition abilities, but more telekinesis based.

As for Tarvitz, his fate is left open. While it is possible that he met his fate on Isstvan III, Loken did survive, so it is completely possible. However, I feel that they would've picked him up when they got Loken, so perhaps he is dead. There is an upcoming Garro book, so I guess that they'll introduce a new character then

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdeath3 View Post
    Sorry Thornblood, but battle of the abyss made it clear that Mhotep was dead. Even if he did manage to survive, I find it highly unlikely that the anyone would find him in time and inter him in a dreadnought...

In Roman Mythology, Janus was a two-faced god who looks forward and backward in time. In my opinion this would be a psyker gifted in precognition or some sort of ability which allows them to view events of the past, present and future. A lot of the thousand sons psykers were gifted precogs, so a new thousand sons character to be Janus wouldn't be impossible. Rubio doesn't seem to display precognition abilities, but more telekinesis based.

As for Tarvitz, his fate is left open. While it is possible that he met his fate on Isstvan III, Loken did survive, so it is completely possible. However, I feel that they would've picked him up when they got Loken, so perhaps he is dead. There is an upcoming Garro book, so I guess that they'll introduce a new character then
    That's a very good point, they have to be more survivors at Isstvan III that they haven't mentioned, remember a lot of people took refuge in the caves.....we'll see what happens. If the Ultramarines got ambushed at Calth and the survivors lasted hundreds of years underground fighting, why not at Isstvan III?

Brother G
    *Remember Rynns*
    "The Emperor Protects"

Chaplain

I liked Mhotep. Im not betting he will come back, but he was a good character.

A Thousand Sons Techmarine I feel would bring the most to the table. Someone who understands science and psychic powers and can take what both have to offer to start making the wargear- aegis suits and nemesis weapons and the like.

A psyker from the lost chapter with psychic powers (that the Space Wolves destroyed) would also work out very well.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm hoping Black Library ties up things with this but I suspect that the Horus Heresy series will be a lot like waiting for the clock to tick over into the 41st M. Just isn't going to happen. As readers we'll keep waiting for that climatic battle between Horus and the Emperor (Steve) and it just will never come about because writing about the smallest details will still gains them sales and the nerds out there will rally to read what the Mechanicus ate for breakfast back in M30.
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

I have been thinking hard about this topic for a couple years. I think i know who the 8 are.

Garro - AKA Janus. The Grey Knights change their names when they join. Garro will be their leader just like he is now. I think his sword Libertas, is the icon on their badge and the book is the life's work of the last Remebrancer.

Loken - AKA Cerberus.

Rubio.

Varren. On the cover of Garro: Sword of Truth we see Varren. We know Varren was on Isstvan III. His survival hints at fate of the next on my list.

Tarvitz. All though we don't yet know he lives i think he is also on the cover of Sword of Truth, to the right of Varren.

Arvida. In the short story Rebirth in Age of Darkness this Thousand Sons astates is last seen on Prospero. If Garro went to Calth, and Isstvan, why not Prospero?

Tarrasch. The Iron Palatine in the short story, The Iron Within, makes my list. The Warsmith Dantioch is to close to death i feel.

Yesugei. The Storm Seer who spoke for the Librians at Nikaea. I think he may also be on the cover of Sword of truth, to the left of Varren

[url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/sword-of-truth.html[/url]

Qruze and Mhotep have also been onlist list at one time but no longer.

If I remember corectly. The emperors own genetics were used in the creation of the first Grey Knights. This would also explain there psycer abilities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast