BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I hate computers

The hard drive on my gaming PC just died and has had to be shipped off to some profressional data recovery company. At risk are fifteen years of savd games, docments, pictures, videos, screenshots etc I've collected, including save games from Starcraft, Baldurs Gate, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 1-3 etc. In other words the digital summation of my entire gaming career. Things like screenshots of my lavishly decorated SWG mansion and personal ship my list of alternate miniature companies for WFB loads o charts and maps for DnD campaigns and 40k/WFB campaigns etc.

Oh and I can't play SW:TOR and ME3 right now which is extraordinarily frustrating. So all in all, I'm royally enraged and want to kill something.

The back ups are corrupted too, did I mention that? So happy.

"How bad can it be, sarge?"
    "Y'all never encounterd an enraged Eldargal before, Lester?"
    "No sarge"
    "Pray you never do, Lester, pray you never do. Sent a whole platoon against one back in '72, all of them shippd home in a bodybag, just one bodybag... "
    Edit: The day keeps getting better, just found outthe enhanced editon of Baldurs Gate is an iPad app and that Cruddace is writing my beloved Empire army book. I'm going to go hide befor they announce chocolate prohibition, GW being bought by Hasbro, Bioware closing down and Raging Heroes being wiped out by anti-Elf extremists before they can finish heir Blood vestals.
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-23-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

...I RELATE!!!

november to january was computer-HELL for me. Litterally one thing after another, the worst of which being BOTH of my backup external hard-drives dying after my primary computer died as well within that time-frame (there was me thinkign 2 backups would be enough!) - so yeah ill be having to pay for data recovery too so I don't lose several years of music I made (thats litterally a hundred albums in my case because im so insanely prolific, not to mention stories, short-films and such on top of that). Talk about bad luck. Out of curiousity what data recovery company are you using? theres so many to choose from I'm not particularly sure which to go with.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Sounds like you need the cloud, girlypants.

And Cruddace is writing the effing Empire army book?!??!

FML.

www.queencityguard.com

I've no idea what company, sorry, other people take care of that sort of thing. I just demand it be done.

Feeling a bit less cranky today. Still very cranky. Still hate computers.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

we all love and hate computers. they are so nice but then at random times the brake/explode on us, but when that happens you find out how much you love them when you get it back (or a get new one) then you love it even more until it blows up again.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Fly Lord

It'll be OK lady.

Entire nations have gone to war and yet the chocolate still flows.

Just fire up an Apple TV and watch Movie trailers all day. Its so much fun!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Blame Bill Gates. Actually, you can blame him for the poor state of the art in general. I've often said, if he were strangled at birth we'd be 10 years ahead of where we are today. Most of my colleagues chide me for being far, far to conservative in my estimates. You almost never encounter these sorts of problems on systems with RAID arrays (technology from the late 1980s, common to UNIX systems).

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Iron Father

I went Imac + bootcamp a few years back. I am not an expert on home computers but I do know mine never goes wrong. I recommend it
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

And that's why you always backup your backups. /J. Walter Weatherman

You could have just downloaded software like PC Inspector, recovered the data yourself and saved some money.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

My brother did, in fact, try three such programs including PC Inspector, they didn't work. Hence sending it to professionals.

On the brightside it turns out BG Enhances will on PC and I found a print out of my alternate miniatures list. Also been given around my weight in chocolate in tribute to placate my wrath.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast