BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic ogryns

Default Plastic ogryns

I have a butt-load of heavy bolters and autocannons on my heavy weapon/sentinel sprues that are just sitting in my bitzbox... from these I reckon I can make a pretty darn cool Ripper gun...

Also, GW make some rather good orge bodies that would work well as ogryn...

However, thinking about trying to fit the two together has me completely confounded...

The normal ogre bull arms are for single hand weapons, and so aren't in the correct place...
    and the iron-belcher cannons look too bulky to just replace the cannon with heavybolter chassis...

Any suggestions or ideas?

Battle-Brother

I seen some cool conversions of ogres to ogryns. From what I remember him telling me about his kitbash that it wasn't very hard to do the hardest part for him was filling in the empty space where his gut plate goes to make it look like he was wearing khakis and he just used green stuff to fill it in and sculpted a wife beater over them.

As for the arms he just did weapon swaps. For the ironbetchers I'm not sure how to go about that way they hold the cannon is awkward to begin with but I'm sure its do-able.

Librarian

Plastic ogryns are a relatively tricky conversion. Milliput works best; you can shave it into plate armour/material with more ease once it's set.

My favourite Ripper Gun conversion is:

1.) Take one Heavy stubber (IG tank variety); cut the barrel off.
    2.) Take one Hurricane Bolter (Land Raider variety); cut all six barrels off at the point where the ridged "hand grip" stops.
    3.) Take either the ammo drum from an IG Sentinel autocannon (plastic), or else an IG Grenade Launcher drum. Glue underneath.

The end results look rather spiffy, I think:

Last edited by MaltonNecromancer; 03-23-2012 at 09:23 AM.

I've heard of people using ogres for orgyn's before, but you have done some A+ work there!

Those are some really cool - and better thang GW - ogryns

I've wondered about doing this conversion my self for a Traitor Guard army... now I'm officially adding it to the To-Do list.

Those ogryns look great. THey've ended up being more greenstuff than original kit! Great sculpting and very clean painting.

First-Captain

MaltonNecromancer! They are 'Awe' to the mother flippin 'some'.

Chaplain

All I can say is "holy crap!" Those Ogryns are fantastic!

I have a mere 6 of the metal ones, plus good ol' Nork. And I really want more Ogryns in my army. But the cost of 5, let alone a full squad, is just outrageous. Perhaps it is cheaper to kitbash some up?
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

these are fantastic - totally inspiring work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast