BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Mindshackle Scarabs what to use

I know they are suppose to be small but the never-ending need to make sure WYSIWYG is adhered to, I thought I would ask.

Are people trying to represent them on their (over)lords and if so how??

Cheers

The Ghost Ark has some teeny repair-scarabs, maybe shave a couple of those off and glue 'em on the lords shoulder/arm.

They're supposed to be tiny, like beyond miniature bit tiny.

I'd say that some openings in the necron themselves can have a creepy ominous glow? like that's where the scarabs come from?

Brother-Captain

I think the teeny repair-scarabs from the Ark kit is the best bet, as has been mentioned.

They're about the perfect size for something that would latch onto a model's head, too.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I've been working on two arks for the past couple days and only noticed those scarabs because of this thread >.<

If you REALLY want to model the scarabs on there I'd say those are your best bet. If anyone ever confronts me about not having WYSIWYG scarabs on my lords I'm just going to tell him they're nano scarabs and you can't see them.

Alternatively, now that I think about it, you could just stipple some paint on your lord and it could be covered in tiny scarab swarms.

In fairness I have not read the full description in the codex but after playing against it in a few games I have this image of the Lord throwing a grenade like object at my Daemons and upon hit this cloud of nano creatures swarms my model attempting to crawl into ear and nose canals and such...

So something like a canister on the lords hip might suffice.

Chaplain

An interesting (though slightly time-consuming) option would be to kitbash pieces from the Tomb Kings' Prince Apophas (whose body is a writhing mass of, well, scarabs) onto a Necron Lord or their base.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Depending on your skill with greenstuff, you could always try to make some really small scarabs that have a similiar likeness to the plastic ones

Battle-Brother

Have you ever tried just using a normal scarab and modelling it on your lord arm or shoulder? I haven't seen the new codex but they could use them like face hugger from aliens but instead of impregnating there victim they just control them.

I wouldn't mind seeing a facehugger scarab controlling a guardsmen lol, could look quite interesting