BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

My favourite is Pedro Kantor, as I play Imperial Fists so I use him as my Chapter Master Vladimir Pugh. Fielded him in every battle I've fought so far and he's always been well worth the points he costs, heck he was the last man standing in my army in my last battle when I got massacred. I have a Lysander but have yet to finish painting him up, not a model I'm fond of and so he's been languishing at the back of my painting desk for over a year now.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Scout

My personal favourite is Belial. He doesn't do much himself, but is dirt cheap and everything you need him for is done before the game begins, no amount of my bad dice rolling can stop that from working at least!

Hands down Typhus. Every Death Guard list i write auto includes Typhus and his "Retinue" of 20 Plague Marines.
    Point Sink: Check
    Awesome: Check
    Tough as nails: Check

Old Zogwart

This guy has won me more games than I can count. Sure he is a bit expensive for a 6+ save but he is well worth the gamble in my opinion.

First off, he is a warhead. This gives him 6 random powers including a deep strike move and a st10 ap1 auto hitting melta. It is so nice to steal a win by a last turn deep strike or a first turn removal of a land raider. But these powers any warphead can do. Zoggy's real power is in his curse. There is no monkey wrench in the opponent's plan like turning a key IC into a funny little ball with teeth.

Belial, this low points guy lets me field my favorite army, deathwing. Whats not to like

Quote Originally Posted by Xyon View Post
    Belial, this low points guy lets me field my favorite army, deathwing. Whats not to like
    Yeah, you just can't complain about Belial. He's pretty much exactly what he should be (though Eternal Warrior would be nice).

Brother-Sergeant

Abadon or Pedro Kantor for me.

Abadon is just a bada$$ who frightens other players and can cut through anything (regularly beats Mephistion).

Pedro gives +1A which is brilliant for foot heavy armies, orbital bombardment, and makes Sternguard scoring. What's not to like?

Ryan

Veteran-Sergeant

Gotta be Skarbrand. He's so angry he attacked Khorne himself. Also he's not that bothered by dark excommunication since he's pretty solid anyway. I prefer to make my own model for most special characters, unless the proper mini is cool enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial69 View Post
    Gotta be Skarbrand. He's so angry he attacked Khorne himself. Also he's not that bothered by dark excommunication since he's pretty solid anyway. I prefer to make my own model for most special characters, unless the proper mini is cool enough.
    Yeah, I made my own Abbadon stand-in out of a Chaos Terminator Lord, and a Draigo out of a Grey Knight Terminator and a storm-shield from an Assault terminator. I hate metal models.

Occuli Imperator

I love Mephiston. He is the closest marine to a monstrous creature. Back in 2nd ed, it was amusing as he had the same stats as a vampire lord iirc. His 6" movement raised eyebrows at a time when most marines were moving at 4"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast