BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40k T-Shirts

Veteran-Sergeant

Does anyone know if these are for sale anywhere? I'd definitely pick up a few.....

I'm shocked that GW doesn't have more branded merchandise for sale. T-shirts and hoodies are no-brainers.

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
    Does anyone know if these are for sale anywhere? I'd definitely pick up a few.....
    I don't think they are, at least yet. From the facebook post it said to vote on your favorite one and then they would be giving a few away as prizes. So I can only hope that they will be made available to the public soon.

I just can't understand why GW doesn't sell shirts?
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Brother-Sergeant

Clothing margins generally suck unless you have mass market appeal. To make what they think would be a worthwhile profit, they would have to expect very large sales. Printing in large amounts would be the only way to get costs their costs down low enough. For some reason, GW doesn't think that a breakeven profit coupled with the advertizing benefit to be worth the effort... Oh, and they don't ever want to do the mass-market (ie Wal-Mart) thing again. It "cheapens" the brand.

Chaplain

They sell GamesDay shirts. That seems like a VERY limited market!

Funny true story: While traveling thru Indianaopolis, I stopped at the Willow Lake G.W. Store. A guy walks in with a Colts hat on. Some kid (who has apparently been living in a bubble) looks at the guy and says "Ultramarines suck!" Sad thing is half the people in the store didn't get the humor that the kid was oblivious to Football.
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

What I don't understand is why GW doesn't sell various apparel? Even if they they don't make a penny out of it, its still free marketing...

First-Captain

Actually chaps, they have sold a few T's over the years. I remember a few in the early 90's. I can't remember the designs. I'm sure there was a chaos logo one. There were the D-Rok T-shirts. The only one I have is the one that was on-sale for one day to commemorate GW opening their 100th store. With Asmodai on the front and the 100 stores on the back.
    I agree they should give it another go as their market is now much bigger now.

The classic Space Marine game icon is my favorite.

Battle-Brother

The only official GW T-Shirt I got, I won it in at 40K trivia. I only give my money to GW for figurines, novels and paints, the promo stuff they can forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery.Shadow View Post
    They sell GamesDay shirts. That seems like a VERY limited market!

Funny true story: While traveling thru Indianaopolis, I stopped at the Willow Lake G.W. Store. A guy walks in with a Colts hat on. Some kid (who has apparently been living in a bubble) looks at the guy and says "Ultramarines suck!" Sad thing is half the people in the store didn't get the humor that the kid was oblivious to Football.
    Well to be fair if it was this past year, we of Indiana were trying to forget the Colts existed...
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast