BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Yes, the paints are indeed close, but not exact matches of the old paints, for example, gehenna's gold looks nothing like shining gold and also, The Fang is both Shadow Grey and Fenris Grey

Battle-Brother

So the new complete paint set is going to be $536.00!!! That is only the paints -- no brushes, no flock, just paints. That is ZERO savings offered by purchasing the whole set of paints at once. Awesome.
    BHound1981
    https://www.facebook.com/IAWargamming

Veteran-Sergeant

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter what GW does people find something to complain about. Either the prices, or the timing, or the change from the older/better... And yet you all come to a website that is pretty much devoted to GW products. So strange.

That said, I think the new paint line looks amazing. I have a few on order already, trying the new texture paint to help base 200 guardsmen.

Rob

Veteran-Sergeant

But you get an inadequate citadel model case as compensation. You know, for making your battle foam case so much better...

Also, $645 in Canada, which is pear-shaped considering the exchange between US and Canadian currency. Would really like to know how GW decides the pricing on these things...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

I am excited about the new paints. However, I think it is a little late. Vallejo has made much of the same products for years. It will be interesting to see the comparison.

Brother-Sergeant

$536 for the entire set!!! Is there any discount at all for buying the set?? You think they would give you something for buying 10 shades of every color....

XV-88 still seems to be a mystery color. Also of note that these are new mixes so if you enjoy a certain shade of paint you may want to pick up a few of the old pots.

Veteran-Sergeant

Ignore me, didn't make the shades are the new word for washes connection. Bah.
    Last edited by flekkzo; 03-23-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Stupid

Brother-Captain

I must be going blind, can someone please post a link to where you can download these 45 painting guides and the paint comparison chart from, because I can't seem to find them on GW's site. Much appreciated.

Edit: Found the Conversion Chat finally, still no sign of the painting guides though.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 03-24-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I guess the rumours about the 6th ed boxset are going get stronger as the new 40k paint set seems to have all the colours for painting DA.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast