BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: new army

Veteran-Sergeant

Default new army

has anyone got any ideas for which new army i should collect???

Depends, if you want the posibility to drastically change your army´s meta, then go with marines and code hopping.

Veteran-Sergeant

i have tried marines, but am lookinf d
    for a more long range shooting abd decent asault army that is not marines or guard

Grey Knights.

They're pretty much the best-rounded army at the moment, good at shooting and in combat. What you don't get with Grey Knights is a lot of models on the table, but you do get a very good army out of the few models you field that is mobile, great at shooting, and great at combat.

Veteran-Sergeant

thats a good idea. its that or chaos

I also play Chaos. They're good in combat, and bring plenty of meltas, but they don't really do long-ranged shots. It's basically just obliterators.

If you're thinking Chaos, you might wait. New Chaos codex is supposed to be coming out.

Veteran-Sergeant

tah. but leaked order of codexs to be released dudnt sat chaos

Quote Originally Posted by commissar camenzuli View Post
    tah. but leaked order of codexs to be released dudnt sat chaos
    Well, whatever you want. I still wouldn't start playing Chaos right now. But, they're not bad. You can certainly build a decent Chaos army if that's what you want to do.

You want long range shootin with decent assault, but not marines or guard. Well that leaves a pretty short list which includes Eldar, and Dark Eldar. And that's about it.
    Orks and Nids have minimal shooting. Sure you can make very shooty style armies, but neither are very good beyond 18". Tau have lots of long range shooting, and excell at it, but are TERRIBLE in assault.

I suppose you could add necrons to your list, but I don't think they have too much in the area of long range though. I think they are more of a mid range shooting army. I'm not very familiar with their codex though so you might want to get a second opinion on them.

Brother-Sergeant

An all Grot army!