BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tau-Chikoma

Default Tau-Chikoma

I have a new conversion I'm working on that turned out WAY better than expected. I've been trying to get a model built that will replace the forgeworld Tau turret. This is what I've done, please let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TauChikoma.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	1792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TauChikoma 2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	1793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TauChikoma_Back.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	1794  

Chaplain

Very cool! Ghost in a shell?
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Inspired from, yeah. I saw a guy on the interwebs do one, and I thought to myself...I can do better. I'm going to build another one, put them on monstrous creature bases, and call them tau sentry turrets. I'm going to magnetize the backs of them so I can make the weapon systems modular (like I've done for the rest of my army).

Very nice. I think it could use a little bit more flow throughout the model, but it looks very nice.

Chapter-Master

nice i actually prefer these to the ones from MMM (musings of a metal mind: probably the ones you are reffering to ) as whilst his look a LOT more like actual tachikoma yours look soo much more warhammery and better looking overall!
    are you doing a squad or two of these? id love to see them painted!
    excellent conversion!
    -fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Danke to all! I'm going to build probably 2 more and use them as a deepstriking Tau Sentry Turret unit. I'm going to magnetize the back end so they can be modular for weapons loadouts, but otherwise, I've been looking for a 'sky crab' drop type model to use being that I find the forgeworld model too expensive and not very imaginative; I liked the infinity models that look similar, but they're infinity- so I saw the musings site, liked it, and decided to do something more Tau'ish and 40k looking. Definitely Ghost in the Shell inspired, but Tau in all respects

Chaplain

those are really cool.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Chaplain

Well done, very cool.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

With the price of 2 suits, thats a pretty expensive model.

It's a regular suit kit (you can get the suit only at warstore) and a xv8 legs only bits kit. It's the same as buying a regular xv suit. You're looking at about 22-25 dollars. Cheaper than the forgeworld model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast