BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default New Dark Angels Plastics in 40K Paint Set?

The 40k starter paint set picture has changed from Ultramarines to DA. Looking at the picture is seems that the DA chapter symbol is moulded on.

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1490027a"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1490027a[/URL]

But the actual miniatures look the same as the old ones, just green instead of blue!

Interesting that the chapter in the set has changed with the rumours of DA being in the upcoming new starter set...

Nice catch, just more reason to trust what we are hearing.

If you look close, the DA winged symbol appears to be sculpted on, as well as the sideways Tac symbol. Not only that, they are not Eavy Metal level with shading and such, but look like you can actually paint them with only what is provided in the box.

Note also that the specific paint colors in that "starter set" are specificlly set for Dark Angels.
    And here I sit with 42 Deathwing Termies all painted (in my purple chapter color of course) eagerly waiting the new codex.

Ohhh. I see what you did there GW.
    I hope that is coming sooner than this summer D:!

And @KellyJ: 42 Termis, that's the right amount of them. No more. No less.

Chaplain

My DA collecting friend will be pleased with this bit of info!

Yay! This will hopefully be a lovely codex...

But what do people feel will make them diffrent to the Codex Marines, I mean Ravenwing and Deathwing make them pretty diffrent, but will they add more deviance in to this codex?

Otherwise I can see people arguing even more adamently for a "combined" Space Marine codex.
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Iron Father

could be that these models are what we may see in the 6th edition starter box set.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

Good spot LostInTheDark.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th View Post
    Otherwise I can see people arguing even more adamently for a "combined" Space Marine codex.
    I think if Dark Angels are in the starter box it will lend a lot of credence to the idea of Dark Angels getting rolled up into the vanilla Marine codex a month or two afterwards, because when have we ever had a box set where one of the sides wasn't vanilla Marines?

(Yes, I know we had Black Templars in the 3rd Edition box, but that was two years before Codex: Armageddon made them different)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast