BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Think its likely flyer rules will be in 6th edition main rules personally and that flyers will be 40ks "WFB monsters" as several models eg nightwing and ork fighta have been mentioned randomly at the past that it is conceivable that these are already done and when 6th edition comes out then they will be released as an accompaniment to 6th edition
    Most of the recent army lists have had a flyer at one point or another (stormraven, doomscythe and Razorwing) so I would imagine that they could do it so that every army gets some kind of aircraft /anti-aircraft release (poss rhino hyberios conversion pack maybe) hydra, nightwing, fighta
    I Guess if chaos comes out soon if they have some kind of flyer / anti then we will know then 

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    They could do full flyer rules but put them under optional rules just please both camps
    Which would mean that they would never get used in "competitive" events and therefore the sales of these models would suffer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Which would mean that they would never get used in "competitive" events and therefore the sales of these models would suffer.
    I wonder what the sales percentages are between "competitive" and "non-competitive" players. Assuming competitive means large open tournaments, at my FLGS I would estimate those kind of players make up around 5% of the people who I see buying 40k stuff. I think if something is cool to look at, fun to build and paint, and playable in most situations sales would be just fine.

R
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    I wonder what the sales percentages are between "competitive" and "non-competitive" players. Assuming competitive means large open tournaments, at my FLGS I would estimate those kind of players make up around 5% of the people who I see buying 40k stuff. I think if something is cool to look at, fun to build and paint, and playable in most situations sales would be just fine.

R
    Yeah I know /know of very few "copetitive" players. I agree with optional.

As long as the models look cool and the rules are neat im certain gw will make a killing on sales. People love big stuff on the table.

Librarian

Will Orks get a "Looted Flyer" Entry from White Dwarf or something? Or will they get something new?

Well stormeagle is out of the bag for vanilla marines

I'd love to see them in the book. Always seemed weird to me that there weren't flyers.

Scout

I'm just lighting a candle in the hope of reasonable rules for using and blasting them (close combat is not really an option here for my chaos army -- chaos spawn on a catapult? well some use to them I guess after all...) AND that the flyers will add to their respective armies and not become just decorative show-pieces that are hyped because it's the cool new thing in town.

Hell blade/ talon? Hell yes gimmie gimmie now!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by casetower View Post
    Yeah I know /know of very few "copetitive" players. I agree with optional.
    I know that very few people bought forgeworld stuff relative to sales of gw models, until they started making 40k legal units as opposed to optional units. Now you can see warp hunters and stuff around more frequently. Nothing that requires opponent's permission will sell as well as it could. Though it helps if it isn't as expensive as forgeworld can be.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast