BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium News

[URL="http://kotaku.com/5897540/warhammer-40000-dark-millennium-goes-single+player-as-layoffs-hit-relic-and-vigil"]http://kotaku.com/5897540/warhammer-40000-dark-millennium-goes-single+player-as-layoffs-hit-relic-and-vigil[/URL]

According to this latest article Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium is now single player with multi-player elements. I'm happy we still get the game, but sad it isn't an mmo.

well at least it's still coming...
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Veteran-Sergeant

i may be one of the few people who prefer it this way, hopefully this allows for more playable factions/classes/vehicles

plus i dont have time for an mmo , i barely have time to get on TOR

Brother-Captain

I don't mind this change really, as I don't have the time to invest in an MMO and I prefer avoiding online interaction in games most of the time.

That being said, we still have no idea what the gameplay for this thing will be like, and that's the part I'm most interested/concerned about.

I'm assuming it would be keeping a lot of the player customization/RPG elements, hopefully...that much is exciting.
    And perhaps the option to play other races will remain, which could be equally exciting.

This could wind up similar to a 40k Mass Effect, but with the option of taking either side (or multiple sides) in the same conflict(s)/setting(s).
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Sergeant

Good as space marine was, I'm very much hoping the plan is a single player RPG rather than TPS. There's so many ways that this game could go with that concept. Unfortunately as this is still so far in the future I'll probably have sired more children and have even less free time to make the most of it.

Librarian

I also read it here!!

[url]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-29-thq-announces-100-new-layoffs[/url]
    Last edited by MarneusCalgar; 03-30-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

No surprise. MMO's, even "the big one" have been having trouble lately. I think the MMORPG fad is beginning to fade.

Brother-Sergeant

I'll be thinking about friends of mine who either just got laid off from this project or who narrowly dodged the bullet.

118 people lost their jobs today.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    well at least it's still coming...
    Indeed, whilst it would have been great to see an online mmo game set in the 40k universe I just don't think THQ were the company to do it. Despite how much I enjoy space marine.

Having said that I do also feel for the poor sods who have lost or are going to lose their jobs with the company.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Better ever than never.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast