BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Black Templar Titan?

I just got a commission to convert and paint a Forgeworld Warhound Titan for a client. He would like to come up with a back story that would justify their having one of the Legio's sacred war machines in their control. I was under the inpression that only the Ultramarines and Space Wolves were in possession of titans (among the loyalist Chapters).

Help?

Brother-Captain

I wasn't aware they had possession of their own titans. Maybe just jack that backstory?

I don't believe even the Space Puppies have Titans. You need extremely specialized implants and training to operate them, and the Ad Mech will never share that level of tech with outsiders.

The Ultras don't have Titans either, they do have allied Titan Legions permanently based on some of their core worlds, but the Titans are still ultimately under the control of Mars.

Instead of saying that the Titan belongs to the Templars, maybe you will find better luck with a back story where the Templars save a key forge world, and in way of saying thanks, the forge world permanently seconded one of their Titans to serve the Templars.

After decades of service, the Titan crew proved so loyal and devoted and after some suitably heroic feat (that I will leave in your capable hands to devise), the Titan and it's crew were made honorary members of the Chapter. ( There is actual fluff precedent for this, as IIRC, in A Thousand Sons, one of the TS' robots was made an honorary member of the Legion, not much of a stretch from there to apply the same principle to a Titan).

To celebrate this, and cement their loyalty to the Templars, the crew has the Titan re-painted in Templar colors.

My Black Templar justify their "requisitioned" Imperial guardsmen and Imperial fleet by worship. It's not their fault that armies follow them on their crusades. If they want to praise the Emperor by coming along and killing heretics then it's their decision.
    Obviously Space Marines are better at tactics and strategy so it's nothing weird with them being the commanding officers >.> <.< >.>

The only legion (that's right legion) which had a titan was the Thousand Sons, and there's was a burnt out dead titan. Space Marines wouldn't use a titan as it doesn't fit the style of their tactics, fast strikes and hit and run.

The backstory of the titan's crew repainting (prolly take at least a year to repaint an entire titan lol) their colors to match that of the Black Templars makes more sense than the black templars actually owning a titan. Titan units often serve alongside allied units for years, so this seems somewhat plausible.
    Last edited by bladeofdeath3; 03-25-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Fellend View Post
    My Black Templar justify their "requisitioned" Imperial guardsmen and Imperial fleet by worship. It's not their fault that armies follow them on their crusades. If they want to praise the Emperor by coming along and killing heretics then it's their decision.
    Obviously Space Marines are better at tactics and strategy so it's nothing weird with them being the commanding officers >.> <.< >.>
    That seems like a good idea for back story. I'll pass it along to the owner.

Sinsinatus

if your client agrees to this, will you be posting any pics of the titan once finished? It would be interesting to see, if you can post a link

At the time it felt like a really good idea..

..I have an army using gk-dex as a base that i created a backround a while back (before the new gk-dex was released). The backround has taken few "refinements" during the release of horus heresy-series, but the core idea remains the same.

Basic idea is that when Emperor determined that with the rise of chaotic influence a special force was required to combat and contain it, he did understand the threat from another point of view as well:

In a conflict where key targets are manufactorums, and whole planets are being removed with a press of a button, so is the knowledge they hold lost.

To save the knowledge (both cultural and military), prior to traitor forces hitting solar system, He made a decision. A fleet that would be self sustaining, in all matters of warfare, production of means to defend itself and to both create life and store the knowledge of the Imperium and Mechanicum would have to be assembled.

--story goes on--

And the point being:
    - Thats why the force has superior armaments
    - Thats why it has almost unlimited number of auxiliary force (my IG army)
    - Thats why it has Titans, not to be piloted by the Astartes forces, but their joint force members of titan legio and mechanicum.

The color scheme is black and blue in X pattern with the details of shining gold to represent the role they play at the edge of light / darkness with the small yet brilliant shine of hope that is their most important job to safeguard, and all the forces (aside from IG) follow this:

-> Hence, when my wallet (and wife) allows it, my force will be strenghtened by atleast one warhound (preferably 2x warhound and 1x reaver)

Brother-Sergeant

Default Black Templar Warhound Titan WIP Blog

Quote Originally Posted by daKrovar View Post
    if your client agrees to this, will you be posting any pics of the titan once finished? It would be interesting to see, if you can post a link
    I am blogging step-by step. You can check it out t [URL]http://wildboarblog.wordpress.com/works-in-progress/warhound-titan/[/URL]
    Sinsinatus
    "Go ahead. Roll the dice and see if I get to eat your spleen."

Its a Badger Titian!

Look damn cool so far mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast