BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: necron love

I predict they will release at least 2 more flavors (or regurgitate old ones) of Space Marines before they get back to releasing the missing Necrons.

Note: There are already VERY NICE 3rd party Tomb Blades and Triarch Stalkers avaialble on the web.

Vote with your wallet - get the 3rd party models. Play at your FLGS and use them in any fun local tournament.

It took me all of 20 minutes to make an inexpensive mold of my existing Scarabs. It now takes about 15 minutes to make 10 new scarabs that look exactly like the old ones. Add 3rd party bases for 1/4 cost and you too can have a mass swarm of scarabs...
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    It took me all of 20 minutes to make an inexpensive mold of my existing Scarabs. It now takes about 15 minutes to make 10 new scarabs that look exactly like the old ones. Add 3rd party bases for 1/4 cost and you too can have a mass swarm of scarabs...
    I'm not sure I would publicly cop to committing a crime, even on the Internet.
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    May-June.
    if the nid second wave is of any indication i'd say May-Jun. of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    I'm not sure I would publicly cop to committing a crime, even on the Internet.
    it's not illegal if you're casting for your own use. it's illegal if he were to cast it and then sell it for profit.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Garamond View Post
    it's not illegal if you're casting for your own use. it's illegal if he were to cast it and then sell it for profit.
    GW would never prosecute, obviously, but making copies of anything trademarked and/or copyrighted, even for your own use, is illegal. Just ask the fine folks in the music industry.

R
    It takes a big hammer to drive a big nail.

Brother-Captain

GW would never prosecute, obviously, but making copies of anything trademarked and/or copyrighted, even for your own use, is illegal. Just ask the fine folks in the music industry.

R
    Maybe in crazy places like Americaland.

It's legal to copy property you own in Canada if you don't turn a profit on it, for example.
    Actually, it's even legal to copy music if you borrow it from a friend, as another example.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Scout

I only want to see wraiths and stalkers myself. The bike models would be nice as well.

Sisters players have been waiting a long time for even plastic models since those same models have been around since 1997. Even so I am sure Necrons will be getting some more sculpts soon so I think people can wait just a bit longer.

Chapter-Master

"Illegal," "amoral," and "you could get sued" are three different things entirely.

Actually, you're allowed to copy your own music. It's called creating a backup. They frown on you giving the backup to friends but can't do anything about it legally.

If you download things off the internet without buying it, then it becomes illegal.

Making copies of something at home via a homemade mold is not illegal, GW is just trying to scare you into thinking it is. Selling said IP IS illegal.

Anyway, May or june for necrons, from what I am told. Even then there may be a few special characters and Cryptek builds missing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast