BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Heresy of the highest degree...

It is indeed a sad day for the thousand sons players when even we, sworn enemies and rivals to the space wolves, consider using thier codex to better represent our own legion

Consider the chaos psychic powers (no, not all of them...just the USEFUL ones). You've got warp time, breath of chaos, maybe some lash....Thats it. Those are the only ones worth taking.

Now, the space wolves, WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED WITH "WITCHES", are getting kick *** powers. All but maybe 1 or 2 are worth taking. World wolf seems to be generating quite a lot of fuss, and understandably so...the ability to just draw a line and stand a good chance at killing big nasty things or tons of low initiative models is pretty...well....unfair. The storm caller guy is a freakin monstrosity, and even if hes maxed out in TERMINATOR armor, hes still only 20 pts more that AHRIMAN. Plus he negates other peoples powers on a +3. Gee, i miss the days when tzeentch had anti-psyker wargear.

If you pitted a thousand sons army against the space wolves, it wouldnt be a game. It would be a predictable, boring massacre.

So think about this: 3 tzeentchian sorcerors (rune priests) and Ahriman (the storm caller) leading units of "pre-rubric" marines (grey hunters with special weapons). Large packs of chaos spawn (fenrisian wolves with cyber enhancements) charging ahead of thier insane leaders. Also, ive converted and painted awesome tzeentchian marines to be riding the WFB chaos warriors on horses....ive got half a mind to use them as fenrisian wolf rider dudes.

Am i joking? Am i ACTUALLY considering doing this? Yeah...i guess so. Im just so sick of everyone in the god damn universe getting really awesome psykers and psychic powers when the supposed masters of all things psychic get the $hit end of the stick...again (that includes you too, eldar players). You know it really means something when the SPACE WOLVES get better psykers than the THOUSAND SONS. when the HELL did that happen?!

Maybe i should just use the SW codex as a big slap in the face to GW. Maybe next time they wont let a space marine fanboy write the loyalist codex with a bias so obvious helen keller could spot it.

Chaplain

The Space Wolf codex is so over powered I can't see why anyone would use anything else. I got a look at it today and it is atrociously overpowered. I'm going to get it to use for my regular SM's, I'd be a fool not to.

October 3rd marks the dawn of unbalance for 5th edition and codex SM's becoming obsolete.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I completely disagree about it being overpowered, and I've actually proxied and played it. It is very good, but certainly not overpowered. Grey Hunters are definately better than normal Tactical Marines, though.

As for the OP, well, I guess you'll have to take consolation in the fact that the Wolves only outpace you in shooting psychic powers, as they don't really have anything else (4 shooting, 1 cover save and 1 deepstrike/jump infantry partial denial)
    Last edited by DarkLink; 09-19-2009 at 09:39 PM.

I highly doubt there will ever be a Codex: Thousand Sons nor an appropriate entry in a Chaos codex to properly represent them. It sucks, but there is no harm in playing with the codex with the most warp taint available... Ie; Go for the Wolves and all their spell casting glory? I wonder if GW even paused to consider the irony in giving the wolves so much magic....
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Scout

I'm still hoping for at least a Legions of Chaos release to make me feel better. Chaos Space Marines should have been called Chaos Renegades for all the attention they got.

Chaplain

Default Thousand Sons using SW Codex

LOL.....HAHHHHAHAHaaa!!!!! ................ahhhh...well you have a really good point. Imagine Russ was so hateful towards sorcery he attacked his own "Brother" slaughtered his marines and destroyed his world. And all this before he knew of the Heresy going on. He was the first Primarch to really strike out at another Primarch to kill. And he was more then willing to because of his hate and mistrust of sorcery.
    Now his own inheriters to his Legion are among the greatest sorcerers around. Makes ya wonder if Russ comes out hiding and returns home what will be the fate of Fenris?
    Hell Yeah use their Codex!! and don't forget to HOWL! when you beat a Space wolf army! LOL!

"O' how far the mighty have fallen"

Brother-Sergeant

Seriously, the space wolwes codex is not that good. Sure if two players who are equally good played against each other, the other one using wolves and the other normal marines the wolves would probably win. But you have to be a better player than the wolf player then, right? What i mean is that don´t go overly dramatic when the codex hasn´t even been released yet. If anyone wants to try a game against my orks with their wolves and lives in finland i´ll be more than happy to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sangrail777 View Post
    LOL.....HAHHHHAHAHaaa!!!!! ................ahhhh...well you have a really good point. Imagine Russ was so hateful towards sorcery he attacked his own "Brother" slaughtered his marines and destroyed his world. And all this before he knew of the Heresy going on. He was the first Primarch to really strike out at another Primarch to kill. And he was more then willing to because of his hate and mistrust of sorcery.
    Now his own inheriters to his Legion are among the greatest sorcerers around. Makes ya wonder if Russ comes out hiding and returns home what will be the fate of Fenris?
    Hell Yeah use their Codex!! and don't forget to HOWL! when you beat a Space wolf army! LOL!

"O' how far the mighty have fallen"
    How are you getting this deluded information?

Propero was a tragedy, but it was not what you are describing.

You see, Magnus saw the future and knew Horus was going to betray the Emperor. He tried to warn him with psychic power.

The Emperor ordered Russ to bring Magnus in for questioning. Horus, who Russ still believed loyal at the time, convinced Russ the Emperors order was in fact to kill agnus, because he was a traitor.

How does this work out to what you describe as Russ just "attacking" his brother because he hated him?

There are actually mentions in some of the earlier work of Russ "weeping" over Propero, and what had to be done.

Yes, he did mistrust sorcery, but Russ was not a butcher. He was following orders.

That being said, as a wolf player, even I agree that it is a bit odd for us to be getting all this power. Personally I think we should have gotten the amazing anti-psychic powers, but much weaker attack psychics.
    "The Emperor is with us, His sacred light shields us, and he has sent his wolves to watch over us."

other than world wolf there is not much about attack psychics.

combining warptime and deamonic bolt (whatever the s4 ap3 3shot thingy is called) will generally result in more kills than the two shooty wolf powers.

unlimited range s7 is nice vs light vehicles but chaos has the shorter ranged but s8 ap1 (very important) and rerolling (warptime) bolt of tzeentch.

and the rest... a true A3 W3 sorcerer and the abomination that both wind of chaos and warptime are enough to make chaos still king of sorcery. only thing we miss is some rune-axe/psychic hood thingy.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaellars View Post
    How are you getting this deluded information?

Propero was a tragedy, but it was not what you are describing.

You see, Magnus saw the future and knew Horus was going to betray the Emperor. He tried to warn him with psychic power.

The Emperor ordered Russ to bring Magnus in for questioning. Horus, who Russ still believed loyal at the time, convinced Russ the Emperors order was in fact to kill agnus, because he was a traitor.

How does this work out to what you describe as Russ just "attacking" his brother because he hated him?

There are actually mentions in some of the earlier work of Russ "weeping" over Propero, and what had to be done.

Yes, he did mistrust sorcery, but Russ was not a butcher. He was following orders.
    There are several references in the HH books about the hatred of SW towards TS. Read Battle for the Abyss for a start as that sums it up pretty well. Although there were probably the odd brotherly exception that isn't written about you can read in most of the fluff (Index Astartes II, The Horus Heresy Artbooks as well as the HH books). And in the Index Astartes book it uses blood fued a lot and mentions how p****d the Emperor is with Magnus.

Just thought I'd let you know that it's all in the fluff

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast