BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Games Day 2010

The Dark Mechanic

Default Games Day 2010

For lack of a "general GW discussion" area, I'll post this item here. For those of us who attended Games Day events in North America in 2009, I think most would agree they were the least spectacular Games Day events ever. I've been to all 16 US Games Days held in Maryland and 2009's event was by far the least exciting. Most everyone I know who's attended Games Day events over the years felt the same way about it.

So here's a bit of good news if what I've been told holds up till next spring. I've had discussions with a couple different people in GW US about how stripped down and low-budget Games Day events were this year, making them the least spectacular Games Days ever. I've been reassured that GW's error of turning their premiere product and hobby showcase into an empty shell of its usual self will not happen in 2010. Supposedly, Games Day 2010 will restore Games Day to its usual level of spectacle and excitement.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Librarian

Didn't E3 go through the same crisis? "No more giant spectacle!" "No, wait, it's terrible unless it's a giant spectacle!" "Well, maybe we should just do a medium spectacle?"

Librarian

I went to GD Chicago, it was my first GD, I will admit, after the first couple of things (terrain make n take, model paint n take) the lines were too insane to do anything, and i kinda just aimlessly wandered around between the other guy who i went with playing Necrons vs IG, to JJ. and the discussion table. I didnt look at the Golden Demon's as line was the largest one and I didnt want to be depressed about my lack of skill
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy