BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Red Thirst and Combat Squads?

The red thirst says to roll once all units have been deployed but before scouts moves and combat squading can be done at time of deployment. My question is would I roll for each 5 man squad's red thirst if I combat squad them or since they would be in reserve potentially would I just roll for the full 10 man squad?

Veteran-Sergeant

i have no idea what the red thirst rule says word for word. but i believe combat squading is done when they are deployed so i would assume if your roll for red thirst after deployment then each half squad rolls individually

Chapter-Master

For each combat squad as they are separate squads after deployment.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

If you put them in reserve - roll once for the whole squad. Then when coming from the reserve (when you got the chance to split them into combat squads) the roll you did at the start of the game will bound both of those halves.

Occuli Imperator

Slightly off topic, does that mean that as units are deployed from reserve they are rolled for?, e.g. a 10 man squad arriving via drop pod (splitting into two squads) are rolled after they have landed.
    Since if you know if they have red thirst before coming in from reserve it could alter how/where you deploy.

Red Thirst specifies that you roll for each squad that is deployed or left in reserve. Thus, a unit left in reserve will still be rolled for under the rule, even though it is not yet deployed- in short, you roll for EVERY squad with the rule at the beginning of the game regardless of where it is (or isn't) on the field- you will never wait until later in the game.

This does mean that, for some squads, you will know whether or not they have triggered RT before you choose to split them up and/or place them; such are the rules. Any units that succeeded on rolling up Fearless/FC will maintain those qualities for both halves, even if split up.
    http://www.3plusplus.net/ : better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Thirst is rolled after deployment so separate rolls for each squad.

roll once for each squad

Chapter-Master

Again, I suggest reading the rules. When you deploy combat squads to the board, they count as separate units.

But you declare combat squading at the moment you arrive from reserve, as such, before you arrive they count as a single squad -> thus only one roll for the reserves

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast