BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Moonley View Post
    ... But i know what you mean...those stupid flourescents and sunlight ruin everything.
    Hahahahahahha........
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

If you're good at wiring things, LED is probably for you. If not, don't do it....

The wide range of plastics in our hobby are more ideally suited for LED conversions, but I haven't seen hardly any. I believe it is because it becomes too time and cost ineffective. Too much work, too little return. Unless you're playing in a poorly lit basement somewhere, you'd never really see it or appreciate the effects.

Chapter-Master

I'm sure I saw a Daemon Army on here all interior lit - it was awesome. Maybe the exception that proves the rule for me.

Actually, does it add to the effect? I don't like the directional lighting paint jobs (although admit the awesome skill it takes for some of the best ones I have seen), I don't like the firing effects some people put on their weapon muzzles.

The miniatures aren't action figures, an LED is probably only a step away from sound chips in there of something going pewpewpew.

One source which might help, is if you google the Star Destroyer Model kit. there is an after market upgrade to take the existing interior lighting (something like a 'mere' 30 lights) and upgrade with interior optics until you get to the actual 1000000 running lights (maybe I exagerrate).

This is probably the most technically difficult lighting I have seen in a model kit so would hopefully be commensurately easier for our scale.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Battle-Brother

I think it either needs to be subtle and painted around, or the Gimmick. There's also the issue of actually wiring the stuff: I suspect it's easier with the bigger models, like Land Raiders (of which I've seen a few). For instance, random search came up with:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57A01PL-Ho8[/url]

Also, this valkyrie clearly shows the space requirements for the batteries:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhwhLr-wFg&feature=fvwrel[/url]

And this dreadnought:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEB6yt2FcNk[/url]

Expertise, and a big enough model to hide the wires and batteries inside. I think we're actually at the point of technological miniaturization where it isn't that hard to do.

Now, sound chips with a recording of someone making those machine gun noises that females like I find impossible... that's the only thing that dreadnought needs

I'd like to see Avatar LED mod.

I really don't like them, looks cheesy. What next, dragons with smoke coming out and Dark Eldar that sing Prince numbers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12