BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Tyranids vs Tau Empire Video Battle Report

Hi, I haven't posted a bat rep in a while, but have gotten back in the swing of things a bit. So, here is my latest bat rep with my Tyranids:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7yMxooeIQ&feature=plcp&context=C4ea9820V DvjVQa1PpcFPHZr6svUTeUeYPW1JGEvm0n_zTk2neMC8=[/url]

Yes I have caught the bug and am enjoying playing my nids. I may even be taking them to adepticon. Also I know about the issue with the camera being to close when the other guy takes the camera, It will not happen again. Comments are always welcome. Thanks.

Scout

Interesting paint job on the tau

Brother-Sergeant

I think both played well and the narration was fairly through. I would have liked to hear what upgrades were used for both teams though. How many points was this? Overall i enjoyed it tho, my two favorite races .

Tyranid vs tau is pretty rough... heh. Bring flamers next time! Oh also why were you afraid to use the jumppacks to get up the mountain turn one? Personally Id rather risk a wound than risk losing shots.

GG WP hope to see more soon.

Battle-Brother

Wow! Retro Tyrant Guard, I haven't seen those in ages!

Senger, what do you feel were the MVPs? How much did the double upgrades of Hive Commander and Old Adversary play out for you? I rarely see people take two of those on the same bug.

Battle-Brother

Well I really like having the double upgrades on the hive tyrant. I used to only take old adversary and was redoing my list a bit, had the extra points and put it on him. I really like being able to pick a troop to out flank. really makes a difference whether it is the warriors or the hormies. I suggest at least trying it.

MVP of the match, I would give to the venomthrope because he kept the tyrant and several other beasties alive. Genestealers did a great job though. I know I didn't move them after killing the broadsides. I was being nice. They could have easily to the commander team and killed them.

I am not running a Tfex again unless I build a list around or maybe change to the acid spray. For 265 it was not worth it.

Battle-Brother

Don't get me wrong, I always wring my hands over which of those two to take (with whatever "The Horror" is called now being an non-factor). They are very different, and I think equally good attributes if you take a strong outflank/deepstrike wing.

How do you find the 6" bubble works for you? I've never gotten more than one squad in it at a time that really needed it, considering that our most prevalent CC upgrade already gives re-rolls. I have tried designing around it with MCs and such, but not gotten a good test sample yet

Battle-Brother

I really like have Hormagaunts close by and get them the benefit. That is ace in my opinion. However, a gunned up carnifex was always done well within the bubble, All the benefits of a screamer killer but with the guns of a dakka fex. It also makes the tyrant and his guard awful beastly, at least I think.

I think it is good for my tyrant and then most times it's just nice to have because I try to move the bugs as a swarm.