BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

How cute, a little contemptor.

Ooh, itty baby contemptors, think I'll buy some.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

whilst these are cool and would make some amazing havy power armour there not terminatiors, terminators have always looked stange massive and meanicing! thats why i loved the OLD GK ones and the current plastics!

and im not entirley sold on the faces, they look a bit squashed

but still a great mini

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

I'd be more likely to buy them if there were rules released to coincide with them. As it stands, these just aren't unique enough to justify my money.

I would have preferred a proper Pre Heresy Terminator kit. If they'd done that they would have already taken my money.

Oh well. I'm ordering either a set of Mk 2 armor or more Mk 3 's today regardless.

First off I have to agree with the general sentiment that they don't look as imposing and that they look very static. When I first heard this my mind was excited at the possibility of converting them to make them into Paladins so they would stand out from the standard Grey Knight. The only thing on them that seems to have greater mobility is their arms. I might get them to convert but Im still not certain.

Anyone else thinking of a Dreadknight parody conversion with one of these guys strapped to the chest of a contemptor? :P

...I can honestly say I was not thinking of that.

Scout

I like these. they should look good with the minotaur character.

Librarian

when i saw these i was jumping like a little girl...... and im a 6'+ heavyish set bloke

yes the wife gave me some strange looks.... then saw what i was so excited about.

ill be getting a set since its my birthday the friday before (yay im even older ) so the Mrs wont be able to complain. plus they will fit perfect into my nascent blood angels army...... all in Mk IV, V and VI mostly IV and VI for assault guys.

for me the bolters are great but i would have preferred the older more sleek 'checker board' bolters, though the fists look like they will take little GS work to addd the trim around the edges.

oh and yeah OLD SCHIOOL BACKPACK!!!!!!!!! on a termie woooooooo (excuse the little girl moment there)

Veteran-Sergeant

Very nice models but they do not have the bulk and intimidating presence that the other Terminator armor has.

I felt the same way about the Contemptor Dread. They just don't feel right to me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast