BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Cover: I like it, his face is a bit odd but if I wanted an army of pretty boys I'd play High Elves (which I do as well, come to think of it)
    I've worked it out: He IS that uncle you avoid at christmas because he makes inappropriate drunken remarks to your girlfriend.

Battle-Brother

My initial reaction to the Griffon was way too big, but after looking at the pic for a while I think that it may not look as big in person. But besides size I love the sculpt.

Also, with these Lore specific upgrades to the Wizards (Celestial, Amber, and Light) does anybody think that the other Lores will have any upgrades or are these three getting all the love?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    I've worked it out: He IS that uncle you avoid at christmas because he makes inappropriate drunken remarks to your girlfriend.
    It's clearly Nigel Thornberry with a beard.

EDIT: I also feel the need to point out that the Griffon appears to be wearing part of a Steam Tank. I repeat - it is wearing a tank. GW, all is forgiven.
    Last edited by Anon!; 03-27-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Damn, the only thing i like from all that crapp is the walter/magic mobos. The rest is crap.

Sweet, those demigryphs will make a sweet conversion for Howling griffons on mounts....

damn, i wanted to start tomb kings but these models are stunning.

Brother-Captain

As to the size of the griffon, gotta bear in mind that the Empire has been breeding Griffons for a long time now, hundreds of years in fact. In one of the Sigmar Trilogy of novels one of Sigmar's friends starts a breeding program to produce horses capable of carrying warriors in the full plate armour that the humans & dwarves together have invented and within a couple decades he has indeed produced such animals. A breeding program over that length of time designed to produce bigger and stronger Griffons... yeah I can absolutely believe they would be that sort of size.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

those warmachines look TIGHT

Battle-Brother

I like the wizard wagons.

As I've said elsewhere... I'm actually underwhelmed by the release.

I do love the griffin... love it. It has a comical majesty to it... Roid-Claw! I also love the demigryph knights. When the rumors of these first came out I looked at FW Bruckner & Reaper and thought, "Ugh, those will be hideous models". Totally not so and I'm glad that GW didn't take the route of the Tomb Kings and mounted them on smaller bases.

The Altar, while much improved over the last incarnation, is sort of ho-hum middle of the road for me. The different wizard coaches are pretty much the same, although I do semi-like the hurricanium. My biggest beef with those kits? They use the same horses and same basic "wagon" section and just a new top... even the War Altar which is technically a separate kit is the same basic cart/wagon with a different hood ornament. So bleh. I'm also not fond of the Luminarch for gameplay reasons... really? A laser? *Sighs*

What is with gaming companies and wagons lately? PP did two wagons last year and now GW feels the need to up the ante with three? I don't get it...

As for characters, all the new ones look brilliant, although I'm less fond of the empire captain. The engineer is bloody brilliant though and I do really like the Witch Hunter.

So here's hoping that the rules for these units will be solid. I'm still on the fence as far as whether or not I will play Empire... but regardless I will pick up the book , a griffin, and a box (or two) of demigryph knights if nothing else.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast