BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 6th edition this year?

In the planning stages of KC area's first ever GT. It occured to me that we will probably be getting 6th edition this year. Event is planned for september, whats the likelyhood it will be a 6th ed GT?

Chapter-Master

Rumours say yes

But obviously its not even slightly announced by GW so its a bit hard to say
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I would assume 6th ed will drop this summer as that seems to be GWs trend with previous editions.
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Brother-Sergeant

Yeay another Edition.....Frack when are they gonna learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Goochman View Post
    Yeay another Edition.....Frack when are they gonna learn?
    They are a multi-million dollar profitable business. I think they know what they are doing. The question is when are we going to learn

Brother-Captain

Also, no edition is ever really going to be 'perfect'...so it's good that the core game gets injected with fresh 'blood' every now and again.

Though I would prefer less changes to the core rules in favour of a more modular approach, personally *cough*MTG*cough*.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Also, no edition is ever really going to be 'perfect'...so it's good that the core game gets injected with fresh 'blood' every now and again.

Though I would prefer less changes to the core rules in favour of a more modular approach, personally *cough*MTG*cough*.
    So... cycle out all the Codices by the year and make all current WYSIWYG models outdated with those Codices in order to release new, different, not-necessarily-coherent codices that don't even follow the original storyline?

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    So... cycle out all the Codices by the year and make all current WYSIWYG models outdated with those Codices in order to release new, different, not-necessarily-coherent codices that don't even follow the original storyline?
    Talking to the studio, making older models outdated (owing to weapon choices) is not something that the team takes lightly, talking at Gamesday they explained how internally the option to take leman russ tanks away from codex space wolves was a choice that wasn't internally popular but was one that they felt was required given the leman russ tank fluff vs. rhino chasis.
    Looking back at my collection of miniatures (some dating back to rogue trader) there are none of my models which have illegal weapon combinations.
    At stages my death company has been reined in from 30 man, random size, 10 man and now is once again back to 30 man.
    My squats are probably the only victims of updates, and with their weapons and armour they can very readily used as counts-as imperial guard

You should keep your con 5th edition based if 6th edition drops in August.

Looking back at my collection of miniatures (some dating back to rogue trader) there are none of my models which have illegal weapon combinations.
    have you ever had a EC or AL army ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast